Monday, March 31, 2014

Recipe for Sunday Dinner: Lime Chicken Fajitas

As you create a weekly menu, you want to tailor it to the events of the day.  For Sundays, I always want a meal that is quick to the table or already done when we arrive home.  Crock pot meals work well.  Also, you can prep meals to where they are almost done and then simply finish the meal when you get home.

One of my favorite meals is lime chicken fajitas.  It is simple and can be prepped the night before.


I take four boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  I was so excited...I found chicken and ground beef on sale (at Wal-Mart - usually they don't have many meat sales) and grabbed several packages.  You can't beat $1.39 a lb. for meat here in Reno.


  I then pre-cut the breasts into pieces and cook in the skillet with a little oil and water.  I set the meat aside in a container.

Then slice up the peppers and onions.  (I like to use a variety of colors of peppers but sometimes I just use what is cheapest that week.)  Two peppers and two onions.  Store in a container.


When you get home for dinner, simply saute the peppers and onions.  When nearly done, add in the chicken. (You are just heating the chicken since it is already cooked.)  Liberally add lime juice and Cajun seasoning.  It takes maybe 15 min?  You can find my Cajun seasoning recipe here: http://tastetsinreno.blogspot.com/2012/10/recipe-homemade-cajun-seasoning.html


Serve with sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, shredded cheese - whatever toppings you enjoy. :)

Try this recipe for a busy day and you will enjoy a hot meal in minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment