Skip to main content

Christmas Preparations and Pool Time!

Monday, September 30

Monday.  No need to say more.  I started early and got some housework done.  I even cleaned out the fridge and did the dishes.  I would be glad to have done that by the time I got done with this day.

Then the girls and I left for the O'Steen Volvo dealership.  They had my new key in and I needed to come in to install and program it.  I thought since the girls had free birthday meals at Red Robin we could go do the key and then go for their free lunch.  


I just ordered a refurbished Garmin GPS for the girls to use when needed driving by themselves somewhere unfamiliar.  We tried it out and it works well.  It is the size of a cell phone and fits in my cell phone holder.  Hooray!


Well, the programming took 2 1/2 hours.  SO long.  $650 for a dang key.  So unbelievable.

Then we drove to Red Robin.  We couldn't use two free kids' meals on the same bill.  And I had to spend $5 on each bill to even redeem the free meal.  Ridiculous and it made me so mad.  Why should a family that has two kids with birthdays in the same month have to jump through so many hoops to use a free birthday meal?  Do better, Red Robin.

Then we hit traffic on the way home which was like 3:30pm.  What a waste of the day.  I was glad I had done the dishes and cleaned before I left.  The girls then had to finish their school late in the day because of how long everything took

I made turkey Reubens and chicken and dumpling soup for dinner.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.


See that crazy look on her face?  She's a crazy child.  LOL!

Tuesday, October 1

October is here!  School - day 34.  Today, I had to go get groceries.  I usually do this on Mondays but I told you how that went.  I spent a couple hours on FaceTime with both sisters which was nice!  Did my grocery shopping while we talked too.

This was crazy - wettest July, August and September on record here in Jacksonville, FL.  36.90 inches of rain!  Again, so different from our life in the desert in Nevada!

Then I worked on a lot of school things with the girls.

For dinner, I made BLT's and tomato soup.  Then the girls had soccer practice at 7pm.

Then we sat down at 9pm and watched the Vice Presidential Candidate Debate.  So good!

Wednesday, October 2



Funny how life changes.  This was October 2nd when we lived in Reno.  Now we are in Florida going to the pool.  Ha!

School - day 35.  

Summer and her funny hair curlers.


Goodbye September!  Redoing my board for the new month of October. :)

Someone taking a snooze on my bed. :)


One of the couponing deals I did.  
Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner.  
$4.00 each
I used a $3/2 coupon.
I received $3.00 Extra Bucks.
It made it $1.00 each.
Wal-Mart price - $3.97 each!

I also got two more packages of Scott's TP.  The breakdown was $.54 per roll - $6.49 for a 12 pack.
At Wal-Mart, it is $10.68 for the same 12 pack. :)


Game night with the Campus Church families.  Autumn went to this and she said she had a lot of fun. :)


My little tomato shoots.  I am not sure if they are going to grow bigger.  Maybe needs more light?

Nugget following me around while I do chores and the laundry.

I worked very hard all morning on the housework.  Cleaning the bathrooms, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, garbage.  After I got it all done, I went to the pool for some sunshine on my skin and reading time.  It was very relaxing and just what I needed.


They finally got in our new seating at the pool.  No more falling through the broken chairs.  Hooray!


My husband got me a KitchenAid last Christmas.  It went wacky and the first stir setting started glitching and then stopped altogether.  I contacted KitchenAid and they said they would send me a new one out right away!  I was shocked.  Here it is!  What amazing customer service.


I started this book - so good.  It is called The Anxious Generation by Jonathan Haidt.

For dinner, I made Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  We left at 4:55pm.  Sierra has her Student Leader Team meeting at 5:20pm and then we have choir practice at 6pm. 


 They introduced the Christmas music that we will be singing on December 22nd.  Yes, Christmas!  They had Christmas music playing, Christmas trees set up and Hershey kisses for treats.  We played a game where you had to gargle and "sing" a Christmas song and everyone had to guess.  It was so funny!  Summer participated and won the game. :) 


Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Vacation 2024 - Memory Maker Day 1: Magic Kingdom

Disney Vacation 2024 Day 1 - Magic Kingdom We bought the Memory Maker.  These are all the photos from Day 1 that the staff took for us. :). I absolutely loved getting this! In front of the train station. We are here - Magic Kingdom!  Happy faces. In front of the Haunted Mansion. Love! Meeting Ariel - The Little Mermaid. Beautiful shot with the castle. I like the girls in the middle. :) The ladies in front of Tron. In front of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. The ladies in front of the castle.  LOVE! End of Day 1 in Magic Kingdom!

You May Abound In Hope

Today I completed a devotional book by Candace Cameron Bure.  100 Days of Joy and Strength.  I was struggling last night.  Darkness seemed to overwhelm me.  The last day of this devotional gave me exactly the encouragement I needed to go another day. Here are the verses she shared from God's Word. "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope."  Psalm 130:5 "We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;"  II Corinthians 4:8-9 "As for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.  Do not gloat over me, my enemy!  Though I have fallen, I will rise.  Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light."  Micah 7:7-8 "I remain confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  Psalm 27

Ten Tips for Sunday School Teachers

Ideas for Sunday School Teachers: 1.  Write a note to each student and mail it to their home. 2.  Visit the child in his home and bring a small treat. 3.  Make a special treat once a month for your students on Sunday. 4.  Have a Sunday School class activity on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. 5.  Pray for your students. 6.  Have a monthly or quarterly contest for your students.  Include bringing their Bible, saying memory verses, attendance, etc.  Award small prizes. 7.  Have a special craft once a month. 8.  Rev up your teaching time!  Use props such as costumes, pictures, videos.  Make your lesson time come alive.  Teach your lesson 2-3 times during the week out loud – you will be amazed at how you will be able to teach it to your students – not just following the words in the book. 9.  After the lesson, be creative!  Students should not just be sitting and waiting for Sunday School hour to end.  You have 45 minutes each week to impact that little life.  Make e