Monday, December 5, 2016

My Week: November 27 - December 3


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week.


Sunday morning, we woke up to winter!  Not a great amount of snow but enough to make it seem more like the Christmas season.  :)



I do believe Belle had the best spot in the house Sunday.  LOL!
Off to church for our morning services.  My husband preached a great sermon on "Leftovers".
After church, we had leftovers for lunch (HA!) and then I went to do my plasma donation.  


It was a cold sunset for sure on Sunday.  Back to church for the evening service.


We had a special cake for Papa Vern.  Papa has been with us since we started the church on day one.  He has been a friend to Eric and I for all these years and we love him much.
Then off for my Sunday night shift.

Monday, off at 8am.  Home for school, laundry and housework.  Make breakfast and lunch for the hubby.
After school, Addie, Autumn and I went to the thrift store.  They remodeled it and it is so much nicer than before!
Then to Winco for our weekly grocery shopping.  UGH!  Glad to get that done!
Then home to put away groceries and make dinner.  Turkey bacon BLT's and ranch pasta salad.


After dinner, read our Christmas book and finished up preparing outfits for our pictures.  
Then off to the gym and to work.


Our second book was The Polar Express.


Tuesday morning was an early start.  I had to take my client to an early dentist appointment.  He wanted to stop for breakfast on the way and he bought me breakfast as well. :)


Once home, it was get ready for our family photo shoot.  Not my favorite time of the year.  LOL!  Left at 9:45 for the mall.  Photo shoot at 10:15.  She was great - had us in and out so quickly!
And we really liked how our photos turned out - yay!  All done!


We got home and did school in the afternoon.  It was such a nice sunny afternoon.  A nice change from the overcast and cold skies of Monday.  It was nice to work at the dining room table.  Of course, Belle found her sunny spot - quite an odd one too!  LOL!


It is always nice to have your work done and are prepared for the next day!  I love that!


Finish up the laundry and ironing!  Yay!  Made Chicago-style hot dogs with seasoned french fries for dinner.
After dinner, assigned chores, piano practice, homework and Awana sections to the girls and then off to the gym.


Did my goal of 3.1 miles on the elliptical.
Did my rounds of weights.


Then ended with the stair master.  I made a goal of 1,000 steps which came out to be 66 flights of stairs.  Whew.  I was drenched - drenched! in sweat.  LOL!  
Then off to my Tuesday night shift.

Wednesday, off at 8am.  Made breakfast and lunch for the hubby.  Showered and ready for the day.  Did a couple loads of laundry and ironing.  School - tests, quizzes and grading for the day.
Ordered our Christmas cards with a Staples Groupon - yay!  


Within in an hour, they were ready!
Piano lessons for the girls from 1-2:30pm.  Some computer work and cards to be written.  


Made jambalaya for dinner...one of my favorites over the years.  You can find the recipe HERE.

Then it was pick up the Bialys, drop off the teens for Youth Group and head to the gym for my Wednesday workout. Then off to work for my Wednesday shift.

Thursday, off at 8am.  Did my first plasma donation of the week.
Home for school and housework.
Met Jenny at 2pm to decorate the church for Christmas.  The girls came along and they had a blast climbing in the attic and setting up the trees and decorating them.  It's a great thing to involve your kids in the ministry.  They are serving and getting to be with you.  Don't miss that!



Home to make speedy seafood gumbo - this is a recipe I recently found but is already a family favorite.  I haven't shared this recipe yet - I will do that this week on my blog. :)


After dinner, off to worship practice at the church.


Our next Christmas book to read.  


Then we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas - such a special movie for this time of the year!

Friday was a busy time of school - getting all tests and grading done for the week-prepping for Monday, housework, laundry and a few errands in the North Valleys.


I just love getting fun stamps!  Went to Wal-Mart, the post office, gas for my van, ATM.  Picked up some gift cards to finish out my Christmas shopping for the remainder of the extended family.


Then it was off for an afternoon workout at the gym.  My husband went skiing on Friday so I went by myself.  After my workout, I went tanning at the tanning salon and then we met for an early dinner date.


We had a gift card to Chili's which covered our meal!  Yay!  I got the shrimp tacos, rice and beans.  Yum!


Then it was home for some family time.  Another Christmas book.


And then my favorite time of the season - "It's A Wonderful Life".  I finished up my Christmas cards during the movie.


Of course, one needs cookies and egg nog for such a time as this. :)


Had some very chilly mornings recently!
Saturday morning, got a few things done around the house.  Got all my Christmas cards completed!
Grilled some burgers for our lunch and dinner.  It was very nice on the sunny deck. :)


Went to Community Outreach at 1pm.  This is a time where we meet with our church and go into neighborhoods and just put postcards on doors.  The kids always have so much fun doing this and it was a beautiful day to be out and about in the neighborhood. :)


After Community Outreach, a group of us went ice skating at the outdoor ice rink that is downtown at the Aces ballpark.  This is a fun seasonal activity that the kids love!



My little six year old - she did awesome!!


Josh and his daughter, Reagan, on the seal.  Josh is our worship pastor.
Our oldest daughter, Addie, in the red hat and Summer pushing Reagan.


Autumn is our second oldest and she is the blonde pushing Reagan.  Sierra is our third daughter to the left of Autumn.


I just love Reno at night!  SOOO pretty!


On the way home, I had some coupons for free chocolate chip cookies at BK.
Then home to get ready for church.  I hope you had a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment