Tuesday, April 4, 2017

My Week: March 26 - April 1


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week in Reno, NV!

Busy Sunday as usual.  Two morning services...sing in praise and worship...work in the nursery.


For lunch, meatball subs and potato wedges.
After lunch, worked on a lot of things.
Laundry and ironing.
Dishes.
Completing two funds requests for Couples Retreat and Tom's memorial.
Prepping church e-mails for the week.
A lot of little things like this.

Back for the evening service, meeting after the service and then off to work again.


Monday, I had planned to do no school and work solely on decluttering each room of the house.  I am feeling very overwhelmed by stuff.  Just too much stuff for my comfort level!  We went room by room - closet by closet - storage tubs, clothes, toys, shoes, books - you name it, we simplified it.  LOL!

By the end of the afternoon, we had accomplished quite a bit.


My daughter brought me this letter -it was a note from a friend - believe this or not, we have never met in person.  LOL!  But she was so kind to take time to write me a note about the loss of Tom and even include this money gift.  I was so blessed.


Then it was off to two softball practices!  And back to work. :)
I worked on my Couples Retreat preparations for several hours.  It was quite a lot to get done - but I was so glad to get it done! 

Tuesday was a busy day as well!  School in the morning with housework.
Left at 1:40pm to take Sierra to a dentist appointment.  Got out of the office about 3:40pm.


                                           
Pretty trees outside of the office.


Home to drop off Sierra and pick up Addie. I was so hungry but just running here to there.  I walked in the house and saw our neighbor dropped off a pizza for us!  Awww, made my day!
 Staff meeting at the church at 4pm.


Drop off Addie and pick up Summer and off to her t-ball practice.  Busy, busy!
Drop off Summer, change for work and off to my Tuesday shift.

Ranch pork chops, rice and side salads for dinner.

Wednesday - off at 8am and head to the gym for my workout.  Surprisingly enough (to myself, that is!), the morning-after work workouts are getting easier.  LOL!  You do what you gotta do.


Wednesdays are just regular busy days...school...housework...piano lessons.

I had The Plumbing Doctor scheduled to come out and give me an estimate.  They weren't the cheapest - but the company I had used before, I had the receptionist hang up on me when I told her their tech was a no-call, no show.  That was Easy Rooter here in Reno-Sparks.  I just wish people would learn good customer service.  I couldn't believe she hung up on me.
So, the Plumbing Doctor cleaned out our main line.  We have a large tree in the back and the roots have busted the line.  We pay to have it cleaned out every six months or so - before we have a back-up into the house - which is not fun!  Another spring to-do that is now out of the way!

Pick up the Bialys and drop off for youth group.
My husband took Autumn to her softball practice at Raleigh Heights and at 7pm, I picked up Melissa and Addie from Youth Group and took them to their practice at Mayor's.  Then off to work for my Wednesday shift.


Dinner was salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and corn.


Thursday morning, oh blessed snow.  


It happened to be on the day that we had friends visiting from Washington and we planned to go to Tahoe.  Groan!  But we went anyway because that is what true Nevadans do!  LOL!


My daffodils under snow.


Coffee stop in Carson and then up to the lake.



It was a good day in spite of the weather.  It's always a good day to be at Lake Tahoe. :)  Only thing to make it better was if we could have done some hiking - a little too much snow for that right now!


Friday.  Always a busy day - but good to be home!  Some little stinker had gotten into my makeup and left this. :)
I spent the entire morning cleaning as fast I could.
Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, bathroom...it was a whirlwind of cleaning activity for sure!  I was pooped by noon!  LOL!
I scheduled Clark's Lawn Company to come and do our aeration for our lawn.  We have not had that done yet since we sodded it (our tiny little green patch of earth-LOL!).  Clark's was very fast - $30.  I recommend them if you live in the North Valleys and need an aeration done.

Another check on my spring to-do list!


Then off to Wal-Mart to get a few things for the memorial.  I had a free drink I needed to use from Starbucks so I got their Strawberry Refresher.  It was ok - Wendy's strawberry lemonade is much better!!


Gift from my Secret Sister. :)
The girls went over to Sonny's (my FIL) to do some cleaning at his house.  Summer went with me to help set up for the memorial at the church.  Tablecloths, make tea and lemonade, set out plates, plasticware, cups.


Then home to make my food for the memorial dinner - gumbo meatballs and Italian pasta salad.
We had Sierra Pest Control come Friday as well.  The news said that all of our wet winter weather has brought on more pests into homes.  We had tiny little ants.  I tried to keep everything clean as possible but it was a battle we couldn't win.  LOL!  So we paid to have them spray and set traps.  If you are a Reno-Sparks local and need someone, I highly recommend Sierra Pest Control.  Their employee was very polite and thorough.  Great company!  And just in time to get that off my to do list and on to the memorial!


That evening, we had the memorial for our dear friend, church member and neighbor, Tom Enk.  Tom was a cancer-leukemia survivor but he passed away from complications from a transplant to which his body responded with Graft-vs-Host Disease.  He had been in the hospital for the last seven months.  I will miss Tom very much - it is hard to think he is gone.  
The memorial was very special - 115 people came to show their respects to Tom.
We had a time of food and fellowship after the service.  It was wonderful to catch up with many who came.


Saturday was a day of softball!  LOL!  I took Summer to her t-ball practice at 9am at O'Brien.
Her practice ended at 10:25am.  We stopped at the church for the meeting for Community Outreach.  Then I took Autumn to her practice at 11am at Raleigh Heights.


Autumn is in orange pitching.

After practice, Autumn and I went to Winco to get groceries for Sunday's meal.  Then home and back to the field to get Addie at Mayor's from her softball practice which started at 1pm and ended at 3:30pm.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, wedding and outdoor

Then home to change and off to a wedding in South Reno at 5pm.  It was a beautiful wedding - the weather was just perfect!

That was my week!  Hope yours was wonderful as well. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment