Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)

So my husband has this thing – he likes new clothes.  He actually enjoys clothes shopping – me- not so much.  Ok, I don’t like it at all.


So his favorite store is JC Penny and he is always coming home with new stuff.  OK, I can deal with that.  What I can’t deal with is the overflowing closet.  He likes to put in but he never gets rid of anything.

You see, if he constantly is putting in and never taking out…the closet will not be able to serve the purpose it was intended for.

And so it is in your Christian life.  If all you do is go to church and take in every week, you are not serving the purpose God intended for you.  If you live your own life throughout the week taking in all for your life but never giving back – you have lost what we are here for.

Do you have a balance in your life?  Take time to take in – read your Bible, listen to preaching, attend worship services, do a Bible study…and then take time to give – teach a class, host a small group, visit a shut in, have a friend over for coffee.

My challenge for today is:  Don’t let your life lose the purpose that God intended for it.  


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment