Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


Our family home schools with the Abeka program and we were finishing up our school year.  I was working on completing the last grading period and getting the boxes ready to mail back the last set of DVD’s.  Sierra had given me her box of DVD’s and I went through them to make sure they were all accounted for.  One DVD was missing.  Not what I really needed as a frazzled mom just wanting to finish out the year.

Well, we began to search.  In toy bins, under beds, in DVD cases, under van seats, in the garage storage bins.  We literally, (at least it felt like it) looked everywhere!  Only to come up empty.

I finally gave up the search after several days and I picked up my phone to call the academy to ask the procedure of what happens when you lose a DVD.  And then Summer walks out holding the missing DVD.  And I screamed.  I sure did. For like a whole minute!

“Where did you find that??????” I asked.  “In my DVD player,” Summer replied.

OK.  You got to be kidding.  Here all the time, that missing in action DVD was in the place that was the most logical place to look all along?

Many times, life is like that.  We stress…worry…are anxious…about things going on in our lives.  We think that we need to make some big change and that will be the answer to it all.  May I suggest to pray about it?  My girls and I were praying about that DVD.  My sisters and their kids were praying about that DVD.  Silly?  Maybe.  But God answered!  Just at the time I had given up.

Our new assistant pastor recently gave a testimony of how he had pretty much given up on God.  He felt like he was praying and God was ignoring him.  So he basically said, I’m done.  You have my number God.  You know where to get ahold of me.  Six weeks later, my husband called him about coming to Sierra View.  Not a coincidence.

So today’s challenge is:  Sometimes, you will feel like it is all lost.  You will pick up that phone to make that call because you have given up.  You will tell God – “We’re through”.  And once YOU have given up, God is there.  Because He never has and never will give up on you.  Give whatever you are struggling with to God today!

Will you take the challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment