Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas Day 2019


Our Christmas Day 2019, (last Christmas of this decade!) began cool and very foggy here in Toledo, OH.


I had a hard time sleeping.  Summer was throwing up Christmas Eve and wanted to sleep with Eric and I.  So lying between them both and the dog at my feet, it didn't make for very good sleep.  I got up at 5am and did some preparation for that day.  One was chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.


It was nice to sit at the breakfast table with a cup of tea, a pretty candle and the Christmas lights shining through the fog.


Summer still wasn't feeling quite up to par that morning but she was good by noon.


Opening presents Christmas morning. :)




For dinner, my dad and mom came.  They brought the ham along with deviled eggs, a veggie, cheese and olive tray, chips and dip and a lemon meringue pie.

I made the sides:  hash brown casserole, cottage mashed potatoes, baby carrots, collard greens and mac and cheese.  I also did shrimp cocktail and apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream.




The weather was absolutely amazing with a high of 58 here in Ohio!  Sunshine!  It was really nice and cheery. :)


After dishes, we played Phase 10.  It was a lot of fun!




Our four daughters:  Addie, Summer, Autumn and Sierra


Nana and Papa with their granddaughters.  Addie was only 4 yrs. old the last time we spent Christmas all together. She's 16 this year. What a joy it is to be with them again on that special day!

*I have a lot of catching up blog posts in the next couple months from the year 2019...I hope you will enjoy reading about our life from this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment