Monday, January 9, 2017

My Week: January 1-7


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Reno, NV.


Good Sunday morning from Reno, NV and Sierra View Baptist Church!  January 1, 2017.  A brand new year!
And I could not think of a better place to be celebrating a new year than in my Father's house - worshiping His Holy name...being challenged by my pastor...and being with dear friends and family.

On this Sunday, we only had a 10:30am service due to the holiday.  I enjoyed the first song we sang 
"How Great Is Our God".

The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end
The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

Name above all names
Worthy of our praise
My heart will sing

How great is our God
How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God


I loved Pastor Joe's testimony of his family and looking back over the year and what it meant to them.

And my husband's sermon was such a blessing.


After the service, I used a gift card that was given to our family.  We got three footlongs and only had to pay about $3. :)  We just took them home to eat, added a bag of chips and soda from home and it was a great lunch!


I wore my beautiful new scarf from my dear ND friends - Megan, Rebekah and Gail.  Isn't it gorgeous?!


After lunch and the girls cleaning up, I did some Bible reading.  This was the verse of the day on the You Version app - so appropriate and fitting for a new year.  What great things will God do in your life?


For dinner, we ordered pizza and wings from Dominoes.  My sister, Rachel and BIL, Adam, gave us money as part of our family Christmas gift to have on a game night.  So that is what we did!  This is the game they gave us and the girls love it.  


The girls enjoyed watching them make the pizzas while we waited.
After pizza and a couple games of Beat the Parents, I had to leave for work.


Monday morning was a crazy day.  I got off at 8am and first went to the plasma center to do a donation.  I haven't been in two weeks because it was so crowded with the holidays.
It was busy but not too bad.

Then I did a photo job in west Reno.  It was snowing and no one was working so it was easy to get done - just cold!



Then from the photo job site, I went to Winco to get groceries for the week.  Ugh.  Groceries.  Too much money.  LOL!  I tried to get a lot of fresh salad items which seems so good to have after the holidays.

Then I drove all the way to Galena to do a second photo job and the homeowner wasn't there.  And they wouldn't answer their phone.  Very frustrating waste of time and gas!


Good thing I got groceries to feed this child!  Ha!  We didn't have school on Monday so that was good with getting home so late.  I uploaded the photos for the job I did.  Laundry.  The girls basically did all the other housework.


The weather was iffy with snow flurries...clouds...a little sun.  And cold!!!


Then we made dinner.  Sierra got to try out my new Pioneer Woman pan to fry the turkey bacon - very nice!!  I really like it!
I made a quick chicken noodle soup (basically chicken broth, diced chicken breast, egg noodles, seasonings - you can add carrots, celery and onion to your personal tastes) and we served it with turkey BLT's.  Yum!
While eating dinner, the girls said, "Let's play Beat the Parents again!"  My husband said, "Go get it!"  So there we were at dinner playing and eating.  LOL!


Then off to the gym for our Monday workout - in the blowing snow!
We figured the gym would be packed with all the New Year's resolution people but it wasn't too bad.  LOL!
Then off to work for my Monday shift.


Tuesday looked like it was gonna be a snow day! 


There were tiny snowflakes falling outside in the still morning.  So peaceful with my coffee and my Bible reading.


Lots of snow the last two days up in the Sierras!  These are different ski resorts.


Drop off books at the library that were due and then off to home to do school.
A new year...a new school calendar!  Hooray!
Was a pretty easy day for school and tests.  The girls did school, piano and all their chores and laundry.  Ahh...the advantages of kids.  LOL!

Made an egg-sausage-tator tot casserole for dinner and then off to the church for the monthly staff meeting.
After the meeting, it was off for my Tuesday shift at work.


Wednesday was another wintry day.  I got off at 8am and did my second plasma donation for the week.
Home for school and housework.
Youth group, gym and back to work for the last shift for the week.


Thursday morning greeted us with a lot of snow!



Thursday morning, I got off at 8am and waited in the lobby until my husband came to pick me up.  Our car is down right now - we are waiting for a part to come in.
The roads were bad so it took him awhile.  He picked me up about 9:40am - and I dropped him off from there to Sportsman's for his work.
The roads were pretty bad coming home - thankful for AWD.


When I got home, I shoveled the driveway.  We got a good snow for sure!


After shoveling, we worked on school and housework.  The cold weather seemed to freeze me up.  LOL!  I felt like I was in slow motion all day!  Must be the January winter blahs.  


Then it was back into town to pick up my husband.  I went a little early to pick up a few more items - a couple sweatshirts and a t-shirt before the sale went off.
We then had a date at Chili's - I had shrimp tacos, black beans and rice.  We had a really great waitress and that was so nice.
Then home and to bed - I was so tired!


Friday, I decided to spend the day with the hubby.  He went skiing so I just ride up to hang out.  I think it is important to try to be interested in what your spouse likes even if you don't like it or participate.  There was so much snow in the Sierras!


The trees were gorgeous!  It started off pretty cloudy.  In the far part of this picture is Lake Tahoe.


I dropped my husband off at Heavenly Ski Resort and then drove down to the nearest marina/beach.




The snow-capped mountains are just breathtaking around the lake!





Tahoe is unbelievably clear - and cold!


This is part of the Heavenly resort - so much fun to walk through with the cinema, ice skating rink, restaurants, shops and gondola.



It was perfect to just sit and put your feet up and enjoy the sun.


Usually my husband comes down for a bite with me but the lines were so long that he wasn't getting much skiing in.  So he stayed on the mountain and I went to Raley's.  I got a sandwich and water at the deli there- as well as a new USB cord.  For some reason, mine wasn't charging at all. UGH.  And I wasn't able to get the WiFi to work on my Kindle.  But I still enjoyed myself for the day. :)
I went to another part of the resort to pick up the hubby and then we were off.
We planned on taking the Kingsbury grade back down - went partway and then they had the road closed due to a sinkhole in the road.  So we had to turn around and back track. I was driving and those roads had me pretty nervous and I'm a pretty cool driver on snow.


We stopped at Tractor Supply to do a refund for the church and then to Dunkin for a coffee.
We went straight home, picked up the girls and left to have dinner at a church family's home - the Crocketts.  Bro. Scott made a delicious fried rice - we really enjoyed the food and fellowship. :)


That night, it snowed even more!  On top of what we just had received.  The girls and I went sledding before it started to turn over to rain.



It was some of the best sledding we ever had!  So much fun!
We looked like the abominable snow-women when we were done.  Our hats were caked with snow, hair was frozen - I looked like a raccoon with my makeup all smeared around my eyes - after snow plowing and wiping out several times.  LOL!  Good times!


I BBQ'd chicken along with roasted red potatoes for dinner.  My husband had an outing with a few church men so I had a quiet evening by myself.  The girls had Reagan over for a sleepover with makeovers, nails, movie, treats and finally sleep. :)

That was my week - I hope you had a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment