Monday, January 30, 2017

My Week: January 22-28


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Reno, NV.


What a start to the week!  Saturday night through Sunday was the third storm of the week for our area.  We were anticipating the third storm to be the worst and that was not a good thing when you are a church.  LOL!
Woke up Sunday morning to this...we had already changed the service times ahead of time to only the 10:30am service.  We knew some people would not come in the snow so we wanted to be able to have a bigger service - together.
We had a guest speaker - Pastor Dave Abberger, from Memphis, TN, visiting to speak for us that day.

Thankfully, it did not begin to snow again until around 4:30-5pm.  Roads were cleared and many people were able to make it.

For lunch, beef alfredo penne pasta, cheddar biscuits, corn, and salad.  Then it was back for the evening service - where Autumn and I did the nursery.


However, it snowed during the evening service and boy was it coming down!  It accumulated fast - making it a slow go to make it to work after church.  You couldn't see the lanes and lines of the road plus it was crazy snowing.  I drove about 30 MPH on the freeway the entire way.  Crazy stuff!


It made for a pretty morning!  Reno had over 7 inches on the valley floor which is big for the valley.  As for the ski resorts....holy cow.  They have been dumped on.  Some have received over 300 inches already.  They are literally running out of places to put it.  They are talking off trucking it out.


Got home from work and shoveled the driveway and deck and out to the garden.  I'm one of those people who hates to walk on packed snow.  Clear it out when it is fresh and let it melt and dry up as soon as possible!  Or it will melt and freeze and just be horrible.  Plus I just like doing it!

We had a bit of sun peek out Monday.  I made a beef roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner.


I had some extra so I dropped it off at my FIL's.


I also made rolls - oh my!  They were so good!  Now, I do make rolls with my breadmaker but I haven't done that in awhile.  I just don't have enough time in my day right now.  So I did the frozen ones that thaw and rise and they turned out perfect!  I am such a carb person.  LOL!


Since we had planned on company for dinner, I also made dessert - peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.  One of my favorites!

Then it was off to work for my Monday shift.

Tuesday is one of my longer days.  I got off at 8am and then off to do plasma.  It was fairly busy so this donation took about 1 hour and 45 minutes.  Then home and a nice talk with my sister.  With our busy schedules, we don't get many long talks so this was nice.  Laundry and school.  Then off to swimming lessons. Third and last week of this session. :)

It is a nice break to sit and watch them.  I enjoy seeing them progress each lesson.


Then off to the gym.  Hubby is in Vegas for Idea Day at a church there.  Work out and then off to my shift.  My client is in the hospital so I will be there tonight.


On my shift...(Not much to do for 12 hours in a hospital room - LOL!) I worked on my chapters from Chris Hogan's book - Retire Inspired.  I am loving this book as I have all of Dave Ramsey's materials!  I am gaining so much great information.


Nice to see the beautiful sunrise after a long night at the hospital!  Isn't it beautiful?

Off to my plasma donation...yikes, it was a long one.  Then home for school and swimming lessons.  Swimming lessons...I just love walking into the pool and soaking in the smell and heat.  LOL!  Ahh!

Then a quiet evening at home.


So very nice to have some sunshine after a lot of snow and clouds.
Friday was an interesting day.  I had an appointment scheduled at 10am for getting a quote for new windows.  It went quite long...like 3 1/2 hours.  Then I rushed off to the gym for my Friday workout and to Winco to get groceries.  
Pizza for dinner and then some Bible reading and time with the family and hubby.


Saturday was a nice morning of my devotions and coffee.  Then worked on housework and laundry.  Also catching up on tests and grading for the week.  We had some beautiful sunshine so it was so nice to work around the house.
I made lemon chicken for dinner.


With mashed garlic red potatoes.  Yum!


Trying some new ideas for lunches.  Sandwiches get so boring.  Try these!

slice of turkey
slice of cheese
two cucumber slices
Make into little sandwiches. :)

My husband taught the Foundations 101 class at the church from 9-1pm and then we were off to a wedding at Squaw Valley.


What a gorgeous view from this resort!  And so much snow up there!


Check out the walkway and how tall the snow is.



As the wedding party started coming down the walkway, everyone around stopped and started watching.  You can see all the skiers who just skied down the mountain to the right and were stopped watching the wedding.  As the bride and her dad came down, the entire crowd of skiers and people eating at the snack bar cheered!  It was so cool!  Of course, that made all the people at the wedding cheer and clap...and then the bride started crying...and then her dad started crying...and then I started crying!  LOL!  I didn't even know these people.  Ha!  It was super cool.


It was freezing cold but a lot of fun...and free Starbucks cocoa to enjoy.  LOL!



Just a little bit of snow.  LOL!


Not a super great picture  but can you see the Olympic torch in this picture?  It is the little yellow speck on top of the snow.  Olympic Valley hosted the Olympics back in the 60's.  

I hope you had an enjoyable week and a great new week start!


No comments:

Post a Comment