Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Joy Givers


Often, we can get so caught up in the normalcy of life.  Get up.  Work.  School.  Sports.  Church.  Errands and housework.  Gym.  Go to bed.  Do it all over again.  

We can lose our joy...our happiness over the little things of life.  The things that always brought us joy but somehow we have left behind.

I find myself there.  I get up every day for work.  Put my 40 hours in.  School with the kids.  Gym with the husband.  Church.  Man, it all runs together.  

I find myself missing the little things that brought me joy.  So, here is a few over the last several months that bring me joy to look at them.  Maybe it will to you too. 


The beauty of a flower.
These were my lilacs this spring.  Such deep, rich color!


A glorious sunset.  This was taken from my front yard.


Raindrops.  Oh, how refreshing!  Especially in the desert and after a long, dry summer.  Rain always brings me joy.


The changing of the seasons - this was winter transitioning to spring here in NV taken from our church parking lot.


Blue skies...puffy clouds...the pop of our American flag flying free.  My deck.


The coziness and warmth of a fire.  This was taken at a resort at Lake Tahoe where we did a wedding.


Your favorite color.  Displayed so beautifully. My roses.


A warm summer morning. Enjoyed by quiet time with God.


Special memories made through the months and throughout the years.  This was part of our family vacation this summer.


Special places to visit - like the ocean.  Brings a special joy inside.


God's goodness brought to us through the earth He gave us.
Zucchini in my garden beds.


Nature.  Always brings joy to see God's creation.  Deer around Frenchman's Lake.


Good food.  Special times center around sharing a meal.  Kabobs we made for July 4th.


Times of worship. This was part of our Lord's Table rememberance. Brings joy and fulfillment inside your soul.

I hope you find a little of your joy again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment