Saturday, August 18, 2018

Weekend Trip - Fairfield, CA and the Sacramento Zoo


I wanted to share about our recent weekend trip to Fairfield, CA...August 11 - 13, 2018...

On Saturday, we had our quarterly Starting Point Class from 9am - 12pm and then got on the road about 1:30pm to head to Fairfield, CA where my husband would be preaching for Sunday.

We made it without any vomiting!  Ha!  The church put us up in the Hampton Inn.  After we checked in, we walked through the waterfront district.  Pretty little area in Suisun City.




I loved the replica of the lighthouse. :)


I picked a place called Vinny and Rosie's to eat dinner.


View from the restaurant - right across from the water.


I had a fish sandwich - it was yummy!


View of our hotel walking back from the restaurant.



I was looking forward to using the hot tub but it wasn't working.  Boo!  But the girls enjoyed their swim time!


Sunday morning, isn't this a beautiful scene?  Love the green and the boats!


And the palm trees!


Sierra and Summer went to their kids classes and Autumn and I went to the ladies Connection Class.  I enjoyed the teaching and the discussion time with the ladies.  We then had the morning worship service.  

For lunch, we went back to the waterfront and ate at a Greek restaurant.  (I didn't get a picture of my food - I didn't want to look like a weirdo in front of the people hosting us!  Ha!)  I had a lamb pita.

We talked and fellowshipped a very long time. LOL!  I then took the girls to the pool for a little bit and then back to church for the evening service.



After church, we visited with Mrs. Stonestreet and her daughter.  The Stonestreets were the pastor and pastor's wife of Calvary Baptist for many years.  Pastor Stonestreet recently retired.  They moved to South Carolina - Mrs. Stonestreet is still here working as a nurse for a few more months before she moves to SC.  A new pastor will be coming to Calvary in September.  We will dearly miss the Stonestreets.  Our girls just adored them and getting to visit them in CA.  We wish them the best in retirement!

Then we went to Mimi's for a light dinner after church.  I had a salad and it came with this yummy blueberry muffin.

Monday, we decided to take the girls to the Sacramento Zoo on the way home.  It has been several years since we took them to a zoo.


I have to say that it was a lot smaller than I remembered. :(  Eric and I were a little disappointed but it was a zoo and an activity.





The giraffes were the best!


Well, that was our weekend!  Hope you enjoyed reading about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment