Friday, April 26, 2019

Teaching the Easter Story to your Children's Class


Sunday, Autumn and I did our Kid City ministry for Easter Sunday.  I got this set of Resurrection Eggs to use to teach the lesson...I loved it!  You can make your own set or you can purchase a set like these.  I got these from Christianbook.com for $13.  Each egg has a symbol of something in the Easter story - a donkey, a spear, a whip, a crown of thorns, etc. It comes with a story book to help you teach the story using the eggs. 

The kids LOVED getting chosen to come to the front, open the egg and show everyone what was inside it as I taught about it.  After I taught the entire lesson, we had a competition boys versus girls.  I created 44 questions from the story and if their team answered correctly, they received an egg in their Easter bucket.  The team with the most eggs at the end won.

The kids were so attentive from the youngest to the oldest and it was a fantastic Easter in Kid City!

No comments:

Post a Comment