Saturday, April 20, 2019

The Truth about "God is Good"



Sometimes I cringe at a saying...a very common saying in Christianity.  "God is good."  We sing it...we say it.  But do we really understand what we are saying?

It is a saying that is thrown around when we receive material blessings.  When things go our way.  
When my children please me by obeying me, I say..."You are a good girl!"  Are we doing this to our Almighty Heavenly Father?  "Good job, God!  You did good today!"  Are we in reality treating God like a small child? 

Yes, God is good. He is good because it is an attribute He possesses.  "O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever."  
He does good because He chooses to do to those who seek a relationship with Him.  "Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart."

So when I say God is good...am I saying, 
"Based on my current experience in life, I am making a statement...To me, this means God is good."  
Wow.  How arrogant that makes me.  

So today, I don't want to cliche my thankfulness in the statement - "God is good".  I simply want to say thank you.  Thank you God for who You are and what You have done for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment