Thursday, April 18, 2019

What I Gained When He Lost His Life


Wow!  It has been a month since I posted on my blog.  To be honest, there has been much going on in my mind.  But not much to share about in this setting.  I hope with upcoming changes, I will be inspired to share more through my blog.  God is so good and is doing so many things in my life and I'm sure in yours as well.

As I look out at the scene in front of me, I see a small lake.  Silver Lake.  This is where a young man, 17 yrs. old, just about a month ago, lost his life in that lake.  No one is sure what happened but he was kayaking and disappeared.  They found his body this past weekend.

What does that thought inspire me to do?

1.  Keep going in ministry.  
Ministry is not easy every day.  People disappoint you.  Miscommunication. Stress. Even false accusations. But it is worth it all to reach people for Jesus.  You may be used to reach the next young person that may lose their life.  You are important to the Kingdom!  Don't quit.

2.  Savor and live life today.  Life is but a vapor.  What are you doing today with that vapor you call your life?  Are you truly living it for Him or is it just what is in it for me?  I know how it feels...life seems to be a grind most days.  It is go to work, go to bed.  Repeat.  But if we get our eyes off ourselves, we can see so many to encourage, love and help.  

3.  Draw closer to Him.  Remember to put your relationship with Christ foremost every single day.  We like to use the phrase - "It's not a religion, it's a relationship".  But are we really working at the relationship or is it just cute phrase we toss at people?  I want to work more at my relationship with Jesus - I hope you do too.

We don't know if or when God may take our life or maybe someone we love.  But we can look back and hopefully say, I have no regrets.  If the Lord takes my life tomorrow, I want to know I had that relationship with my Savior, I didn't quit serving Him and I lived each moment for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment