Friday, May 3, 2024

Ohio Trip - Day 1 and 2

Day One - Traveling to Ohio.  My dad had a stroke and is in rehab at St. Rita's Hospital in Lima, OH.  I traveled from Florida on Tuesday, April 16.  My sister, Rachel, flew in from Oregon and I picked her up at the airport in Cincinnati/Kentucky.  We arrived about 9:30pm to my parents' home.


One of the times we were stuck in traffic.  Tennessee and Kentucky - so pretty!!  I couldn't take many pictures since I was driving but I did capture this one.  Signs of spring.


Gas at Buc-cee's - $3.19.


Buc-cee's is just a fun stop on a road trip!


Gas was $3.27.


Wednesday morning, April 17
Our first full day in Ohio - Day 2.  I thought it would be fitting to use this cup I got for my mom years ago when we lived in Nevada.  Good memories.


It was a rainy first day in Ohio.  With a tornado watch!  Crazy midwest spring weather.



One goal we had was to change the office at my parent's home into a first floor bedroom for my dad once he returns from rehab.  In transferring some items into storage, we found some real gems like cards and notes from all the grandkids.  Here are a couple cards from Addie and Autumn several years ago.


I loved this - Papa preaching and Nana in the audience. :)




The chicken stickers she used for quail!  I just love this because it brings back so many memories of our years in Reno.


We worked at the house and later in the afternoon went to visit Dad in the hospital.







Friends - the Schaffer family - Haley, Stephanie, Justin, and Earl - came to visit Dad.  We are grateful for their friendship!


After their visit, Tim Jewell brought my dad's church members to visit.  Tim, Jim Grubaugh, Mary Saylor, Harold, and Revella Buchanan.  Tim is preaching for my dad while he is in rehab.  We are grateful for their faithfulness through the years.





No comments:

Post a Comment