Friday, January 2, 2015

Qdoba and That Word Consistency


  Every Wednesday, my husband and I have a lunch date to Qdoba.  This fall, we purchased a card to support our local high school football team which gave us a card for unlimited use for Buy One Entree, Get One Free.  This entire meal cost us $10.99.  :)  

Dates don't have to be expensive.  They don't have to be even different.  They do need to be consistent.  

What is the complaint of many wives?  "He never takes me out on dates until I complain or am having a meltdown!"  You need consistency in date nights.  Been there, done that.

Consistency is more important to us than anything else.  In this season of working multiple jobs, raising young children, home schooling, growing a young church plant and just life, it is easy to be inconsistent in the area of marriage.

What area do you need more consistency in your life? 

 Make a simple goal in that area.  Our date goal is simple.
Qdoba - Every Wednesday for lunch.  Period.
We don't have to decide where we are going...we don't have to decide when we're going...we don't have to decide if we are going.  

If you make your decisions on if you "feel like it" or "I don't think I need that today", you will never gain consistency.

Yes, there may be some days I don't "feel" I need to get out and have a date.  But I still do it.  It is healthy for our relationship and marriage and for me.  (BTW, that never happens.  LOL!)

Consistency is unchanging in achievement or effect over a period of time.  

I like that.  Make that simple goal today.  It may be simply reading your Bible every day.  That is a goal.  Now create a plan.  At 7am, I will read one chapter of the Bible.  Then do it over a period of time.

Whatever area you need consistency, this is a great time to start!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!






1 comment: