Monday, January 5, 2015

Update on 2015 Goals

Mondays are a great time to make a fresh start.  Or to continue the resolve in the areas you are working on in your life.


Did you make any New Year goals?  If so, how are you doing in accomplishing them?  

Here is the progress I have made on my goals:

Take my vitamins daily.  I bought a pill container and this enables me to grab and take them with me even in a rush.  A great place to get affordable vitamins is Puritan's Place online.  They have great deals like Buy One, Get Two Free and Free Shipping.  I should have an order coming in this week to replenish my vitamin supply.


Weekly date.  My husband had a lot of work to do on Wednesday so I took Qdoba to his office and we ate together.

Pay off our remaining credit card debt.  On January 2, we made a huge step towards this goal!  We paid off the first of two credit cards. Keeping track of numbers is a great way to motivate yourself because you can see your exact accomplishments.  We paid $1,598.24 in just 22 days...and during the Christmas season!  You know the key?

  Create the plan and just do it.  
Of course, every time I went to make that payment, I wanted to hesitate.  I wanted to rethink it.  I wanted to just wait and make sure I didn't need that money for anything else.  But no... I would as quick as the money came in, I would "Click"...make that payment. 

On November 28, we paid off our van loan - $1,972.53 in 33 days - Nine months early.  

Make that plan and no matter what hesitation you feel, JUST DO IT!


Would you like to learn godly money management?  Take our Financial Peace University course coming in February.  Or find one offered in your area.  You will revolutionize the way you manage your money forever. 

No media night.  Friday, we turned off phones, TV, etc from 5-9pm and played Monopoly and had Papa Murphey's pizza.  In the words of my four year old, "This is the best Christmas Eve ever!!"  LOL!  Well, she had the day wrong but I knew what she meant.  :)

Run a 5k.  January 1 - I was too drugged up on Nyquil to make it off the couch.  LOL!  I did go out Friday to run and I went 1.95 miles on Sunday afternoon.  Some goals are just one small step a day. Running a 5k is really making a 30 minute run at least 3 times a week.  
The character of the daily will lead to the big life successes.  
(This is the view of where I run. :)


I also added a few more goals on the side personally.

Read two chapters a day of a book.  I am reading God in the Shadows - Walking from East to West by Ravi Zacharias.  My husband actually inspired me to add this goal.  He has really become a reader since he went full time as a pastor.  He is always sharing the most recent books he is reading with me and I was encouraged to do the same.  


Read one chapter of our devotion book with the girls on our non-church nights.  
We are using The Bible Story series.  I love this series - it really has a depth to it being first published in the 1950's.  We have the entire series.


Coupon weekly.  I used to do a lot more couponing and really have a stock.  My goal is to simply go couponing one time a week and at least do one couponing transaction/deal. Last week, I got pull-ups and razors for a great deal. :) 

Read my Bible through this year.  I am doing the Discipleship Journal Reading Plan from You Version app.  This is the best Bible app I have ever used.  I love using a Bible app because I can read my Bible wherever I am on my phone.  


Goals are not to defeat you.  They are to encourage, inspire and better you!  Keep going!




No comments:

Post a Comment