Saturday, January 10, 2015

What To Do When Your Church "Changes"

(My laptop is having some virus issues in addition to my daughter's portable DVD player not playing anymore and she has been using my laptop for school...so my blogging has been scarce this week.)


Change.  Many people don't like change.  Many people embrace and welcome change.

I really don't like change.  I prefer the same weekly schedule.  The same predictable life.

Yeah...that really doesn't match the life that God has given to me.  If there is one area as a pastor's wife that I HAVE to do and be...it is flexible. 
 If I refuse to become flexible and adapt to change when it comes, I will be ineffective in the role that God has given to me.

A growing and passionate church will always involve change.  
At Sierra View, we are always trying to better our systems.  And in that process, we will always be changing.  There may be new programs added...service times changed...workers placed in different areas.  Yes, there will be change.

What would your pastor like to see in you? 
 A willing servant's spirit.  
A person that sees his vision - the bigger picture.  One that says, "Wherever and whatever I can do, Preacher.  It is not about me, it is about what God is doing in our ministry."  

One year ago, we had a wonderful couple, Josh and Jenny Musser, join our team.  My husband gave them the music ministry.  In doing so, Jenny took the role as church pianist.

If I were to be very vulnerable and honest right now with you, I was very sad.  I felt I had "lost" the area of service that had been "mine" for the last 3 1/2 years since the inception of our church.  I cried. 

But it wasn't about me! 
 It was about our ministry going to the next level. 
 It was about God and what He was going to do at Sierra View.  

Sometimes change hurts.  It is growing pains. 
 Let me encourage you to grow as a Christian with that change.  

Don't look at change as bad.  Instead, find the opportunities to grow in it.  Change is inevitable.
Your response to that inevitable change will break or make you.

What change is on the horizon for you in 2015?  Something for us is adding an additional Sunday morning service at Sierra View.  THAT, my friends, is huge for those in ministry.  I pray that all at Sierra View will embrace the changes coming and find new ways and take new opportunities to serve and grow.  




No comments:

Post a Comment