Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


Different phones have different capacity levels. Sometimes, we can have the same brand of phone but one seems to work better for one person than it does for a different person.

My husband and I both have an Iphone.  His battery seems to last forever while mine can barely last through the morning. 

Our phones seem to be a mirror of us actually.  While my husband can last through a lot in a day and not even be affected, it doesn’t take much for something to affect my spirit.  My life battery seems to drain more quickly than my husband’s life battery.  It can be frustrating to not be as strong as him.  As resilent.

In Psalms 18, David begins the chapter saying, “I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”  What truth can we come away with from the lesson of a phone battery?

Don’t compare your strength with someone else.  I can get easily frustrated if I compare myself with my husband.  God created him differently than me.  The fact that we are different doesn’t make one right or wrong.  We are different and that needs to be ok.

Our true source of strength always needs to come from the Lord!  David, even when he was at his lowest point, he got his strength from the Lord.  The Lord was his rock, his fortress, his buckler, his high tower and notice, it says deliverer.  When you feel you are at your lowest…that there is no hope…the Lord is there to deliver you.  And why?  It says in verse 19…he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 

At the times that I am not strong….I am watched over by my Savior because He delights in me.  Delight means to please someone greatly.  Wow!!  How does the perfect one – the sinless one – delight in a sinner like me?  How can I please him greatly?  It is almost unthinkable-unimaginable.

So on those days when you feel weak…when you have absolutely no strength…take this challenge.

Don’t look at the person next to you and compare who is the strongest.  Look to the Lord and remember…My strength is from Him!  He delights in me! 

Will you take the challenge?
























No comments:

Post a Comment