Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah


Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


The other day, I took my van in for a routine tire rotation.  I had been noticing that while driving, my van would start to shake about 60MPH.  When I signed it in at Les Schwab, I mentioned the shaking and they said they would check it out.

So all the kids and I are sitting in the waiting room, eating bag after bag of free popcorn (One of the reasons I love Les Schwab!)…life is good.  Until you see the man with the tire.  Then life becomes a little hairy.

He rolls the tire over to me and tells me that one of my wheel bearings are bad – causing this tire to wear down significantly on the one side as well as a slit in my actual tire!  Well, I then knew where this conversation was going.  It went very quickly to the place of ALL four tires needing replaced as well as the wheel bearing.  You see, when you have an AWD vehicle (which I absolutely LOVE and ADORE!), you can’t just replace one bad tire.  You have to replace all four tires.  To the tune of $1,000.00.  Sigh.

At that point, sitting in the waiting room of a tire shop with seven greasy fingered kids, and no van…you don’t have many choices.  You get the new tires.

It all worked out.  We came out a little poorer but definitely in a better and more safe vehicle.

The thought from this story being…one bad wheel bearing – an INTERNAL part – caused a lot of damage EXTERNALLY.  And that damage cost us a bunch.  
What do you have going on internally that is causing damage to you?  Bitterness?  Anger?  Unrepentent sin?  Ungratefulness?  Lust?  Apathy?  
There is so much that we can have inside that will eventually cause us damage on our outside.  And it will be at a cost that you may not be ready to pay.

So today’s challenge is:  Evaluate your heart.  What may be there that is causing big damage?  Take care of it while it is in the inside before you have to pay for it on the outside.


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment