Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


As I write this recording, it is snowing.  It has been snowing for hours.  That might not seem like a big deal when I say it is snowing.  But when you take into account it is spring…yesterday was Easter Sunday and I was out grilling in short sleeves…then it becomes…Ah ha!  I see where you are going with this now.

Change.  In big ways.  Extreme ways.  Ridiculous ways.

One day, everything is fine.  Dandy.  Life is sweet.  The next day, bam.  What just happened?

On those days where you feel blindsided by circumstances beyond your control just like our weather here in Nevada – Ponder these verses.
Malachi 3:6  “For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not comsumed.”
Hebrews 13:8  “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

After you remind yourself that Jesus never changes, look for the good that can be found as a result from those changes.  Maybe in the end, that change is what is needed for you to grow.  That change could be the catalyst for something bigger and better that God has for your life.  It says in Isaiah 55:8-9, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

And the passage goes on to say (which I find very interesting in coorelation to my illustration of snow), “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

That change – the “rain and snow” in your life – is what will bring forth good!  It will bring forth new life – seeds that will bring forth and bud.  And after that seed grows, matures and is harvested, it will turn into bread for someone’s life.  God will not let that change return void.

And my favorite part is the ending found in verse 12, “For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”  That change will bring forth joy and peace.  What more could we want or ask for?

So today, the challenge is – don’t buck that change!  Embrace it.  Let it bring forth good which will end in joy and peace.


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment