Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)



My five-year old, Summer, has a new thing that she likes to do with her dad.  She will come to me during the day and ask to call her dad who works at the church.  I will ask her “Why do you want to call Daddy?”  She will reply, “I want to ask him how many minutes.”  I ask, “How many minutes for what?”  She will firmly reply, “How many minutes until he comes home!”

So the other day, my husband had literally just left the house.  We only live a mile from the church and she asks, “Can I call Daddy?”  “Why?”  “I want to ask him how many minutes!”

I was chuckling inside as she called her dad.  I wanted to see what my husband would say to her!  She gets off the phone and I ask, “What did Daddy say?”  She says, “He said it would be all day – like 8 hours!”  I just laughed cause even though it was 8 hours…she had her answer of in how many minutes – Daddy would be coming home.

And you know my husband just loves it!  Who wouldn’t love their child calling them letting them know they want to see them…to talk to them…to hug them? 

I bet God feels the same way about us!  If you have accepted the Lord as your Savior, you are God’s child!  When is the last time you “called” Him during the day – maybe you are at work, doing the dishes, taking the kids to piano lessons, grocery shopping – and you looked up to Heaven and said, “How many minutes, Lord?  I can’t wait until our devotion time together!”

And God smiles down and says, “I’ll be here anytime.  I love you, child.”

I love that about my Heavenly Father.  So the challenge today is – Don’t forget God in the midst of your busy week.  Take time to look up and say, “How many minutes, Dad?”



Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment