Friday, October 14, 2016

My Week: October 8-10


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you have a blessed day. :)


Saturday morning, off to the gym for an early workout with the hubby!   Got my 100 floor goal. :)


After the gym, we went to the chiropractor and then to Sportsman's.  My shoes have been showing a lot of wear and my husband wanted to buy me a new pair.  So nice to have some traction and cushion again. :)


After shopping, it was back to home.  The girls had gone to softball practice.  I threw together in record time a casserole for dinner for my mom to throw in the oven for that evening.  You can find the recipe HERE for the chicken-broccoli-stuffing casserole.  Aaron was picked up and then it was off to a wedding.



This wedding was quite the drive but who cares when you are with your husband with his undivided attention?  LOL!!  It was at a place called Twenty-Mile in the Sierras in CA.


Don't you just love this photo!






After the wedding, we ate at a little Mexican restaurant - we were starving!  We hadn't had a chance to eat all day.  Then we changed and stopped at Lake Davis for some hiking.  Yep, we do a lot of hiking in our family. LOL!



In fact, I made a record of the most steps I have taken in a day so far since having my Vivofit (1 week!).

Holy moly, was I exhausted Saturday night. :)


Sunday was a great day. :)  I loved having mom there with us to worship.  I thought you would like to see a photo of all of us on Sundays. 




It was also a great day because our youngest daughter was baptized! :)


After church, we had Papa Vern and Papa Tastet over for lunch.  Corned beef and cabbage.  You can find the recipe HERE.


Papa Vern - a man who has had such a special part in our life.
Sunday evening church and back to work.  I worked 14 hours Sunday night to help out in a pinch.


Monday morning...that wonderful Monday morning workout.  Whew.


We took Monday off school.  First, we went to sushi.  Yum and yum!  This was the girls' first time and they tried everything and liked it!  I was so happy!  



Of course, sushi is a great start to any week!



I love this photo!


My mom was trying to be nice when I asked her if she wanted more and she declined saying she was full.  This was before the green tea ice cream came for everyone and she said, "If anyone doesn't like their ice cream, I'll take it!" Oops!  I guess you can't take the Midwest out of everyone. :)


Random note...I had taken a photo of some candles that had Jesus on them to send to my sister related to an inside joke.  Addie says, "Look Mommy!  The phone put Jesus into the people section."  Ha!!!!


Next, we drove to the Emigrant Trail Museum in Truckee, CA.  They built an entire new museum and it is gorgeous!  If you have never been to this museum or have only been to the old one, I suggest you go!  I really enjoyed it.



This is a neat exhibit.  They excavated this hearth from the Washoe Indian lands and reconstructed it at the museum.





If you are not familiar with the story of the Donner party, they were stranded in the Sierras in the 1800's and over half of the party died that winter.  The snow was to the top of the stone monument (not including the people statue).  


After the museum, I had planned on taking this easy trail that we had done before.  Well, the trail ended up not being the same we took before!  It actually took you lakeside to Donner Lake which was really cool!


The lake level was super low!  We really need some good winters and more rain and snowpack to bring it back up.


Donner Lake.


Collecting shells - they were having a blast!
Well, the end of the story is - the trail was not a loop and did not bring us back to the museum!  LOL!  So we came to the end of the trail which was down by the lake.  Autumn and I hiked back on the road to the main parking lot.  We got quite the workout in!  This got us back home about 6:15.  Made dinner - Sausage and Pierogi Skillet.  We love this one!

1 package (16.9 ounces) frozen potato and cheese pierogi
1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 medium onion, sliced
1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
1/2 garlic powder or I use minced fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Cook pierogi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in 2 tablespoons oil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until coleslaw is wilted. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
In another large skillet, heat remaining oil. Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook and stir until browned; add the sausage mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.


A beautiful sunset to end a nice day!  Off to work.  
I hope you have a wonderful day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment