Thursday, November 10, 2016

"How Do They Take the Baby Out?"


Let me tell you a little story.  One evening, we are watching TV and of course, all the political commercials are running.  One of my daughters asked, "Mommy, what is Planned Parenthood?"  As we know, that was a hot topic in this year's election.  I explained that it was an organization that assisted women with their health. I explained their mom and dad was not voting for a certain candidate because they support Planned Parenthood.  

Then the question came.  "What's abortion?"

There I sat facing three little girls with big eyes looking at me for an answer.  What do I say?

I took a deep breath and replied, "It's when a mommy doesn't want a baby in her belly anymore and they take it out."

"How do they take it out?"

It's the time where you don't want to face the truth.  You want to protect those that God entrusted to you.  You don't want to tell "them".

"They kill the baby."  

I have replayed this over and over in my mind.  

The morning after the election, my husband texted me, "We lost almost all we voted for in our state."

I thought one thought...
"That's why we are here in Reno.  And that's why we need to stay here."

This little light of mine.  I'm gonna let it shine.

Christian...mom or dad...teenager...don't get discouraged.  Be the light of Christ in your town, city, state, world.  You do make a difference.  Through HIM.




No comments:

Post a Comment