Monday, November 7, 2016

My Week: October 30 - Nov. 5


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week.


Remember last week's update?  Saturday ended with our Harvest Party - gorgeous day!  Sunday morning...this.  Crazy looking clouds.  
Go to church at 7:30am...two services.


Come home...it actually looked like it was going to clear up and go away.  I thought, Oh!  I guess they had the forecast wrong.
Made a new recipe for lunch - a creamy wild rice and ham soup.


Well, then it clouded over again.  And just poured.  And poured.  And poured!  It seemed like all afternoon.
It cleared up just for us to get to church for the evening service and then rained during church!  Addie and Melissa asked if they could do the nursery for me...oh yes!  So I got to sit with my hubby for the service - yay!  Josh preached and then we had small groups.  Well, during the service, how do you know it is raining...drip, drip.  LOL!  

After church, it was off for my Sunday night shift.


Monday morning, I hit the gym by myself after work.  I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio - at least a 5k in miles as well.  Then I hit the weight machines.


All the rain in the valley was snow in the mountains for us.  Never get tired of that. :)


After the gym, I went to Animal Services to bail out my jail bird!  He jumped the fence Saturday when we were gone to the Harvest Party.  They were closed by the time we got home and Sunday they are closed.


This rascal.  He still acts like a puppy.


My husband's sense of humor.
School and housework.  Then trick or treating with the Musser family.  My husband was working at Sportsman's that day and couldn't join us - so he took a late lunch and Face Timed with us as the girls went from door to door.


I dropped the girls back off at home and then off for my Monday shift.


And just like that!  It's November.


This is Peavine.


I tried to get some photos coming home from work of the snow - this is the Peterson range.


Not super great shots but you simply can't beat the snow-capped mountain view.


When I got home from work, I found this from Sierra.


And this from Autumn. :)  No, she really didn't have to do that - but I love how they love me.  The first thing they do in the morning is give me a big hug.  Kids are so awesome.

Tuesday was house cleaning, laundry, ironing, school.


Of course, we turned on the World Series - Game 6!  Even girls and moms like baseball. :)
Then back to work for my Tuesday shift.


Wednesday was busy.  School then piano lessons for the week.   Finished up the grading period for Summer.  Packaged up all the first sets of DVD's for school.  When you home school, you count down by a few things...how many DVD sets you have done or have left.  LOL!  We just finished our first set - two more to go!  
We also go by grading periods.  And we go by days - as I am writing this - we just finished Day 63.
So we made a stop to the bank, post office to check the church mail, mail the grades and DVD's and then off to the library.


  Then got our free tacos from Taco Bell.


At the library, we took in canned food as they are doing Food for Fines in the month of November.  Returned some books and got out more.  Our library is going to be closing for renovations - boo for closing but good for the renovations!  Well, we like to read a Christmas book every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  So I got out all the ones for this season ready to go since they will be closed.  It is a fun tradition and our girls adore books and reading.
We also made a stop at Wal-Mart and got a treat at Burger King and then back to home.


Picked up the Bialy kids - dropped them off at Youth Group.  Wednesdays are one of our gym days and they said their TV's are pre-set so we watched it Live Feed through FB on our phones while we worked out.  LOL!  Hey, you do what you gotta do!
What an exciting game but I don't have to tell you that - wow!  Our family was cheering for the Cubs - geez, we sang Go, Cubs, Go for days and days!  Ha!

After the gym, I went to work and was able to catch the rest of the game.  Texting between my daughter, husband, our Outreach Pastor and his wife, my sister and my friend, Megan.  LOL!  It sure was a fun night!

Thursday, off at 8am.  School. At four, we dropped Aaron at home.  Did several church visits.  Then grocery shopping at Winco.  Help me, Jesus.  It was around 7ish when we got home.  Tiring day!


Friday morning was a pretty start.  It was a busy morning.  I made three meals - one for our neighbors.  Remember Tom who has been in the hospital for a couple months?  They live across the street so I made the family a meal.  I also made a meal for a family in our church - the Weidts - Nicole has not been feeling well.  The last meal was for a family in our church - the Bordens - who just bought a house and needed help cleaning and demo-ing.  I wasn't able to help with their house so I thought I could make them a meal since it is hard to cook or anything when you are in the transition mode.

After making the meals, I dropped off the first meal at the Weidt home.  I then met Alisa at a store and gave her their meal. 


At 12:30, I had my annual review for the company that I work for - Senior Helpers of Northern Nevada.  The review was great. I then went tanning.  After tanning, I made a visit in NW Reno area.  After that visit, I got a Starbucks and dropped by Shannon's to drop it off and chat awhile.  On my way home, I made one more church visit.  Then I started looking for my dog again - he had taken off.  No luck.  I prayed, God, help me find that dog!
About 5 minutes later, I got a call from a vet clinic that a family had found my dog and had it there.  Whew!  That stinker.


Pretty ending to the day as well.

Saturday I thought would be low key.  I always find stuff to fill it.  Lol!
Laundry, ironing.  Done!  Clean the house.  Done!  Prep the meal for Sunday.  Done!
When hosting, I just like to get everything done I can ahead of time.
Set the table with linens and dishes.  Put water bottles in fridge to cool.  Prep coffee maker.  Set out serving dishes and utensils.  Make all food I can.

Prep all the items needed for Sunday.  Time change - fall back!  Woo hoo!  Had a nice evening with my husband.

I hope you had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment