Monday, November 14, 2016

My Week: November 6 - 12


Thank you for stopping by my blog this week!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Nevada. 

It seems my life is fairly boring this week!  Or I just don't have much to take a picture about.  LOL!

Sunday started off well.  :)  I love that extra hour of sleep from the time change.  Usually on Sunday mornings, I am fighting to get the girls up and going but they all woke up and started getting ready without me yelling at them.  Ha!

Then off to church at 7:30am.  You know it hasn't been too long that we have been holding two services but now it seems like we have done it forever and the old way seems so long ago.  Ha!  I worked the nursery for the first service and then was able to sit in the second service.

We had a visiting friend presenting his ministry to our church.  TJ Kimmel with CORE Missions.  He came to our home for lunch and we talked all afternoon about his ministry.  I really love the concept of his ministry - training the nationals and supporting them.  We can support a national for around $200 a month compared to thousands and thousands for an American missionary.  I think it is such a wise use of the money God has given us.

We had beef enchiladas, corn, Caesar salad, chips and salsa with Oreo cheesecake and coffee for dessert.

Then back to church, nursery duty and off to work.

Monday, off at 8am.  It was a day of housework, laundry, and school.  I also worked on a few things for our Tuesday church staff meeting.

The weather is simply gorgeous this week for November!  I mean, check out this pic from last year at this time.  LOL!


My husband had to work until 8pm so I hit the gym by myself and then off to work for my Monday night shift.


Tuesday, off at 8am.  Much of the same.  School.  Summer decided to try her hand at making orange juice.  Kids!  LOL!
Back to work for my Tuesday shift.

Wednesday, off at 8am.  I went to the plasma center to see if I could donate again.  Thankfully, I passed my last protein test!  It had been one month exactly since the last time I could donate.  Before you donate, you have to pass certain things to make sure you are healthy.  Well, my protein was too low.  I have been eating protein like crazy and thankfully it is back up.  So I donated on Wednesday.

Home to do school and then to drop off Belle for her appointment at the groomers.  She was pretty scruffy.  LOL!


Drop off the girls for their piano lessons 1-2:30pm.  In between, I worked on my kitchen cabinets. Declutter, wipe down and straighten.




Then back to pick up Belle. And then a quick dinner of mac and cheese.  LOL!





Pick up the Bialys for youth group, drop off at the church.  Then off to the gym and then to work for my Wednesday shift.

Thursday, off at 8am.  Did a single photo job on my way home.  



After school, the girls and I did some work outside to ready things for late fall/winter.  Such beautiful weather for November! :)


Been watering my lawn, etc. by hand since we shut down the sprinklers for the season.  


Trimmed down all my perennials for the season and weeded my beds.


I guess parsley is a good plant to grow in Nevada.  It thrives without any care.  LOL!


Then off to Winco for some groceries.


The girls did a great job on the yard raking and bagging twigs and leaves.

Then it was worship team practice (which I forgot and was late!) and then a date at Bordertown with the hubby.

Friday, thought about Veteran's Day.  We were given these toy soldiers to remember those who have served our country.


I then had to run some errands after school.  My husband challenged us all to "Make A Move" this week - the concept of doing something for someone else - Paying it forward.



I bought a raffle ticket from a high school man selling them at Smith's and gave him a Make a Move Card.



I also paid for the person's meal that was behind me in the drive-thru at Jack in the Box and they put the card in their food bag.



I returned a Redbox movie with a card, note and $5.

Got my oil changed in my van at Jiffy Lube.
Picked up a few items at Wal-Mart.
Gas in my van.
Did some Christmas shopping - yay!
Then in the evening, gym time with the hubby.



Saturday morning, my husband had a Men's Prayer Breakfast.  I first went to Les Schwaab to have my tires rotated on my van.
Then off to do my plasma for my second donation of the week.



Then it was off for a little family time.  I really wanted to get outside and enjoy the nice weather before it goes away!

So we went on a hike.





Can you see downtown Reno in the center there?



Truckee River by Mayberry Park.




My husband's downfall...Dairy Queen.  LOL!  A quick stop at the library and then home!



Then home.  Had chicken and dumplings in the crock pot for dinner.  Did some computer work.




We also baked up some pumpkin seeds from our Harvest Party pumpkins. :)  Yum!

I hope you have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment