Monday, March 4, 2019

"For I Know the Plans I Have for You"


I love this verse from Jeremiah.  

The King James Version says...
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  

The Modern English Version says...
"For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  

The beginning says...I know the plans I have for you.  When I hear the word plans, I think of the will of God.  Simply put, I would say God's plan for us would also be called the will of God.  I know that we could argue the perfect and permissive will of God.  Maybe you don't even know what those are.  And to be honest, at this stage of my life, I have stopped worrying about God's perfect will.  It was exhausting and confusing.  All I want to concern myself with is if I am doing God's will as His child.  And I believe I am.  Am I perfect?  Absolutely not.  But I feel I am doing God's will according to the Word of God.

So when I read the first part of this verse, I know the plans I have for you...that's all I need.  We don't need for our lives to be without trouble or hurt...pain or disappointment...struggles or worse.  We just can take comfort in that statement...
God has plans for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment