Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)




The other day, I received a Facebook message from a friend from back in our college days.  It read “Thank you for encouraging us to use Dave Ramsey’s debt free plan.  We are debt free and it feels amazing!  Only Jesus gave us extra snow for our snowball!”  She had heard our story of our journey of becoming debt free and it encouraged her to keep going.

Another message from a different college friend from September read, “Rebekah, I don’t know if I ever told you how much I appreciated your friendship in college.  I was insecure, which probably came off as unfriendly.  But, I looked up to you as someone I wanted to be like.  Thank you for your example!  You are one of the reasons I named my oldest daughter Rebekah.”

When we are living our lives day to day, the normal everyday things we do probably do not seem like a big deal.  I know I don’t go around doing what I do thinking…”I wonder if this person will remember this 20 years later – yes, that is how long ago I was a freshman in college! – that I did this for them?"  I would venture to say most of us don’t even think about that.

Because it the little things that do really make a big difference.  Remember the lad with the five loaves and two fishes?  That day, I am positive that he did not think when he packed his lunch…”One day, millions of people will know about this very lunch!”  It is not always on the day that we realize what impact our actions have had.  It could be decades later maybe.

So today’s challenge is:  Don’t get discouraged!  Just by being you, you are encouraging someone somewhere.  Go out and make a difference to someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment