Monday, December 14, 2015

My Week

Mondays are always one of the busiest days of the week.  Babysit Reagan, school begins at 8:30am and clean the church building.  I got the majority of the cleaning completed...sigh of happiness!  LOL!  At a church, you can't start cleaning until you put everything away.  Ha!  It was supply day so I put away and organized all those supplies.  Folks had brought items for the Christmas program and those had to be organized.  The janitor closet always gets piled up with odds and ends and that needed done.  And then there is the church office which everyone seems to like putting items in.  Ha!  After about two hours of doing that, then I could start the real actual cleaning. :D

Then it was a meeting at 1pm.

I also made a few more appointments and made a run to Kohl's for my husband's Christmas gift.

Mia the elf was gotten out for the season!  We don't do anything elaborate - she just hides in the night and whoever finds her in the morning gets to pick a treat from the basket. :)


I have been trying a few new recipes - that are family friendly, healthy and lower calorie.  This was one my husband found and asked me to try and it was a hit!  Everyone loved it and even our pickiest child ate leftovers!  We call it Lose It Lasagna and you can find the recipe HERE.



Tuesday was babysitting Reagan and school at 8:30am.  During piano lessons, I hung the Christmas lights from the roof.  It was such a nice day that it wasn't really a chore.  :)  Then it was store all the Christmas totes back in the garage and cleaning.



A neat view of Peavine from our roof.



Wednesday was school at 8:30am.  Miss Becca took Summer for ice cream.  Admin meeting 4-6pm.  Youth group from 6-7pm.
Chilly days are made more cheery with Christmas lights. :)



My Elf on the Shelf basket.

Thursday was a busy day.  Babysat Reagan and school.  After school, I had to go to my work to get some paperwork and then to a doctor/dentist office to finish our registration there.  Finally done with that and our appointments for the new year are set!
Then we made visits for the church for absentees.  I always take at least a few of my girls with me when I make visits.  They enjoy the time together and it is great to serve the Lord as a family.


The weather started to turn while we were out!  A little dark out there!

We were supposed to have choir practice at 6:45pm but the weather wasn't too good.  Rain turned to snow.  Practice was cancelled.  Addie and I made a trip to Wal-Mart - she needed a few things like tennis shoes, tights, a slip.


Friday, Aaron came back to us.  As you can see, he is a pretty popular little guy.  Ha!
We also had Reagan and school as normal.


I always like to finish up the week making sure we have all tests, quizzes and grading done.


I also finalized my Christmas card list and addresses.  I stopped at the post office and got my stamps so I am ready to go!


I had a doctor appointment for my annual exam.  Back home, we had a beautiful ending to the day.


I tried another new recipe which I will share this week. :)


On Saturday, Addie went to the church to help Jenny do the decorations for Christmas.  I did some work at the house and then my husband and I went out.  I woke up with a bad headache so we first stopped at the chiropractor and that took care of it.  Lunch at Chipotle and then we took a drive up to Lake Tahoe.  I wanted to check out the sledding for when my family comes for Christmas.





We stopped on one of the beaches and took a stroll. :)




Ski resort - Mount Rose.


Back home, Summer wanted to read to me a little before bed.


Sunday morning, we woke up to rain!


Normal church morning and I made this yummy dish for lunch.



Then it was play practice in the afternoon and Awana club that evening.  
I hope you had a blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment