Friday, September 2, 2016

Charting Your Course By Your Promises


I heard this statement the other day...

"You can chart your course by the promises you keep and not your feelings."

It was talking about marriage.  And boy, isn't it sure right?  Marriage - it isn't a fairy tale.  It's a lot of work.  It is keeping that promise you made a long time ago.

How do people stay married for 40, 50, 60 years?  They charted their course each day as they sailed on their boat of life.  They decided each day that they would sail according to that promise they made and not how they felt that day.

And that is extremely hard.  Super difficult. 

There are so many days I feel like giving up.  But I remember...I made a promise fifteen years ago.  No matter what or how I feel today, that promise is my guide.

Maybe you feel like I do...you just want to give up - throw in the towel.  May I encourage you today to go just one more day?  Sit down and chart your marriage course by that promise you made a long time ago.  I hope you will - I will be praying for you.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. "And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." The time of satisfaction does not come until you are close to finishing your course that God has set before you. Then you can look back and say, "I am thankful that with God's help, that I didn't give up." The harvest of doing right comes near the end of our course in life. Praying for you and your family. Love You. Dad

    ReplyDelete