Monday, September 19, 2016

My Week: September 11-17


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week.  Have a blessed day!

Sunday was our new normal of two morning services - 8:30 and 10:30am.  I work the first service in the nursery and attend the second service.


Lunch was Beef Soup in a Hurry.  This is a quick meal that you can put together and warm up in a crock pot during church.  And if you aren't a cook, this is basically putting cans together!
Add a warm, toasty grilled cheese and you got a quick and tasty Sunday lunch.

Beef Soup in a Hurry

1 can (24 oz) beef stew
1 can (14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes, cut up
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
1 can (8 3/4 oz) corn, drained
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce

Combine and heat on low in crock pot for 3 hours.


 After lunch and cleaning the kitchen, I went to the plasma center to do my second donation for the week.  

Then it was back for the evening service and nursery time with these kiddos. :)


When I got to work that night, I was so glad to be here!  Last week, I spent four nights straight at the hospital with my client.  I was so glad to be back at his apartment!


Monday morning!  Off at 8am and met my husband at the gym.  It was a tough workout but glad to get it done.  Then home for vitamins and protein shake.
And school.  New week-new beginnings.

Back to work for my Monday shift.



It was hard to get a good photo because of the low clouds but we woke up to snow on the Sierras!  Sept. 13, 2016  One of the earliest snows I remember since I have lived here.  Usually it hits around the first of October.  It was about three inches and melted but it was snow!


Tuesday after work, I had a small photo job - 7 houses.  Pretty easy...get the pics and off to home.


Little stinker!

Upload my photos from my job to Dropbox.  Done!
School - done!
Shower and get ready for the rest of the day.  Done!

At 3:45pm, it was off to a staff meeting at the church. 


Miss Sue made our family a delicious meal for our dinner Tuesday.  I really can't express how thoughtful that was.  What a personal blessing to me!  She is so sweet.

At 5:15, I left to take Addie and Autumn to softball practice and then went back to the meeting which ended about 6:45pm. 
Get ready for work and off by 7:15pm.


The sky was very beautiful as I headed into work.


It felt like a touch of fall with the leaves starting to fall on the ground. :)


Wednesday morning, off at 8am.  I had gotten home and was working on Summer's papers with her when I noticed her scratching her head.  I checked and she had lice.  I can't explain how you feel when you discover this.  I had went through this a couple weeks ago with our oldest and now our youngest.  Thankfully, the others are OK.  It is just a major setback for a busy mom.
So I went to Wal-Mart to buy more shampoo and my debit card was declined!  I had purchased air at the gas station for my tires and since it said I was at a car wash in New York, it had placed a hold on my card.
Can things get any more lovely?  :(

Well, when rinsing out Summer's hair, the shampoo got in her eyes and started burning.  Yes, it got worse.  She cried for hours and could barely open her eyes.  I cried.  Sometimes, things are just too much.


The only time I could get any of her hair done was when she fell asleep exhausted on my lap.  I was exhausted.  I just wanted it to be over. 


I realize lice isn't a major problem.  More people have bigger problems.  I'm glad God cares about them all big or small.

Well, by dinner she had fallen asleep again and seemed to be doing better.  I picked up the Bialys and dropped them and Addie off to Youth Group at the Traynor home.  Did a workout at the gym with my husband - I needed to get moving after sitting for hours with Summer.  Then off to my Wednesday night shift.

Thursday, I was glad to be done with work for three days.  Thursday is my plasma donation day - when I got there, there were two people ahead of me.  I was so grateful for that.  I was done in 1 hour and 10 minutes and then off to home.

I had to spend a good part of the day finishing Summer's hair.  What a process it is.  Exhausted is the word for this week!
Then it was a very early dinner about 3:45pm.  Leave at 4:30pm to drop off Addie and Autumn for warm-ups at 5pm.
To the church for the funeral service for Frank Suber which was to be held at 6pm.








The service was very beautiful for Frank.  I am thankful to be a part.


Friday was our youngest daughter's birthday - Summer Lyn.  



She is now six - wow!  I really love this little stinker.

We had some school papers and tests to catch up on Friday since we were a little behind from the lice episode.  


In the afternoon, finally getting done with school...seemed like slow motion...it was nice to just take a break and just step out into the sunshine and watch the Blue Angels fly in the sky.  Some days, that is all you need.


About 3:30pm, we made it out of the house to Wal-Mart.  We picked out some things for Summer's birthday and then headed home.  We were laughing at Belle who looked like a ghost in the window.


My husband had just gotten home right before we did.  I was planning on making dinner before leaving for our Friday gym date but he was ready to go.  Addie said, "We got this, Mommy!"

So we went to the gym...and I reached my first goal of 100 flights of stairs on the elliptical!  I probably would have stopped if my husband wasn't beside me cheering me on. 


When we got back from the gym, dinner was made, table set, a cake baked and decorated and presents wrapped.  It was so sweet and I enjoyed sitting down and just enjoying it.  It was such a blessing!


Summer and her birthday presents. :)

Saturday morning, after coffee and devos, I showered for the day.  Smiths and Auto Zone for a few items.  They had swiss cheese on sale for $.99 a pack!  Our family loves that so I bought 8 packs.  Special K was on sale too.



Made a yummy breakfast/early lunch sandwich!  Toasted bagel, cream cheese, swiss cheese, spinach, cucumbers and avocado.  It was delicious!


Then off to the gym for a quick workout.  Drop off Addie and Autumn for warm-ups at 12:45pm.  Visit to the chiropractor.

Then back for two softball games.  Papa Vern came and also took Summer out shopping for her birthday.  She had such a good time!  
Keren and Melissa also came for the second game - that was so kind of them.  It means a lot to my girls when people come see their games.


Yummy peaches for a snack at the game. :)


Finally heading home after several hours at the ball field.

Praying for a better week as we welcome fall in soon! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment