Friday, September 23, 2016

Crushed Spirits...


Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I hope this mini devotional encourages your spirit.  Have a blessed day, friend!

The headlines this week...Brad and Angelina divorcing.  How does that make you feel?  

Well, they are a Hollywood couple.  So?  They have so much money!  So?  She was bored with him.  So?  Does any of that negate the heartbreak of a divorce?  I wouldn't think so.

What if it was your divorce being splashed on the headlines of every magazine cover and every news show?  And everyone in the world had a comment for your divorce?

I would have to sit here and think that no matter WHO you are...HOW much money you make and WHAT your reasons are for divorce...it still hurts.  And it hurts more when everyone knows and everyone talks.


Bowels of mercies.  Kindness.  Humbleness.  Meekness.  Longsuffering.

I have not thankfully had to experience a divorce.  If I did, I would not want to have to experience what they are experiencing now.  I would want others around me to be merciful.  Kind. And to have humbleness because they put themselves in my place.

I have many friends who are in the ministry.  Wives of pastors.  I am one.  There is much that the wife of a pastor will go through that others never will.  Love your pastor's wife and pastor by putting yourself in their shoes...in their life.  Realize the pressures that come with that position.  Be kind.  Be extra kind today.  And humble.

I am reading the book...Why I Stayed by Gayle Haggard.  Her husband had an affair with a gay man. I can look at them and judge or I can be humble and say, "But for the grace of God."  

There are so many hurting hearts.  So many broken lives.  So many crushed spirits.  

Be merciful.  Be kind.  Be humble.  Be meek.  Be longsuffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment