Monday, September 12, 2016

My Week: September 4 - 10


Happy September!  And so begins my favorite season of the year.  OK...I realize it is not officially autumn but I can't help myself. :)
Thank you for stopping by my blog this week.  I hope you enjoy today's post!


When someone is a bit spoiled and spends a lazy Sunday morning by Mommy in her blanket.


And good reason to!  It was quite chilly this Sunday morning.  Coffee, a sweater and boots felt really good.


Sunday services at 8:30am and 10:30am.  This Sunday, Awana Club began again for a new club year.  The girls were very excited.  


For Sunday lunch, I cooked a pork loin overnight in the crockpot with carrots.  I served mashed potatoes on the side along with sauteed summer squash and cherry tomatoes sprinkled with parmesan cheese.


Remember the tiny pumpkin I grew?  The girls decided to carve it.  So there you are!


Sunday afternoon was so nice to enjoy!  Cool enough to wear a sweater and enjoy the sunshine in the living room.


After lunch and dishes, the girls and I took a walk.  Max definitely enjoyed it!  


That afternoon, I enjoyed my beautiful roses from a lady in our church, Josephine.  She said they were to thank me for all I do at the church.  So sweet!


After they carved their pumpkin, they begged me to bake some pumpkin seeds. :)
Toasted salty goodness. 


Since it was Labor Day weekend, we did not have Sunday evening services.  I took the opportunity of a little more leisure time to bake zucchini bread with my girls.  I haven't had much time of late to bake...and who bakes much in the summer anyway?  So to bake was relaxing and very enjoyable!
It was nearly gone before it even had a chance to cool. LOL!


Then it was off to my Sunday night 8pm-8am shift.  My client was in the hospital so I was there for that time.  He has dementia and it is helpful for them to see a familiar face that knows them well and they know us.
It was a pretty rough night.  My hats off to nurses everywhere.  They are real heroes for what they do.  It was very exhausting!!

Monday was Labor Day.  I met my husband at the gym after I got off at 8am and we did an 1 1/2 hour workout.  We have been wanting to make some changes in our health and this is a step to help us both.  Since it has been a couple years since we had our gym membership, I started on the treadmill.  Easy, right?  LOL!  Walk 1/2 mile, run 1/2 mile.  Then 3 miles on the sit-down elliptical.  Weights and ending with 5 miles on the bicycle.  


After the gym, home to pack lunches and then we took the girls to the Truckee River at Mayberry Park.  It was a beautiful day in the 70's - sunny and breezy.


I love yellow flowers. :)



Isn't the river gorgeous and the bridge yonder?



Fishing and playing in the water.


Cracked pepper turkey on whole wheat with swiss cheese, cucumber slices and tomato.  Yum!





Too little to fish with the big poles...so she eats. :)




My loves. :)


After a wonderful time at the river, treats at Dairy Queen and then to home.


For dinner, mushroom-swiss burgers with ranch pasta salad.

Then back to the hospital for my Monday shift.  This night, I was asked to work 8pm-9am.

Off at 9am.  I went first to the ARC Medical Center to get my annual TB test done for work.  The waiting room was full and I needed to meet my husband for a visit by 10am...so I checked in and paid and then said I would return to finish.

Met my husband to visit Bro. Frank.  He has two types of cancer and has only around six weeks to live.  More on Bro. Frank and our visit later...

Then back to the medical center to finish my TB test and then home.
School and housework.

Drop off Aaron at 5:30pm.
Drop off Addie and Autumn for softball practice at 6pm.
Grocery shopping at Winco.  That was probably not the wisest idea seeing the lines.  But, it was the only time to squeeze it in my schedule this week.


The kicker was I pulled into the parking lot and realized my list was at home.  Oh man.
Then back to drop off the groceries and off to work for my 8pm-8am shift - still at the hospital with my client.


Wednesday, off at 8am.  I went to the plasma center to donate and there was 20+ people waiting so I decided to come back.  I had promised the girls if they could get done with school - I would take them to Paradise Cove.  I had a Groupon expiring and they were only open that day 10am-12pm so we had to plan and work hard to make that happen!


We worked hard and we made it!


This kid was knocked out. LOL!



I even got to watch one of my favorites...The Pioneer Woman while we were there. :)


And look at this!  Looks like we should be having a good winter!  Yay!

After our session at Paradise Cove, we had a quick lunch and then off to piano lessons from 1-2:30pm.
Clean out the fridge.
Laundry.
Ironing.
Housework.


Made Speedy Seafood Gumbo for dinner. 


Will share this recipe Wednesday!  So easy and my husband loves it.

Dropped off Addie for Youth Group at 5:30pm and off to the gym to work out with the hubby.
I usually have Wednesdays off but I was asked to work Wednesday instead of Thursday so I did.  Four nights at the hospital...I was very glad to see Thursday morning come!!

Since I didn't donate on Wednesday, I went back on Thursday to donate.  Literally, one person ahead of me in line!  Wow!  What a blessing.  Done in 1 hour and 2 minutes. :)
School.
Appointment at the gym at 2:30pm.


For dinner, I changed up regular fettuccine alfredo.  I made penne noodles with alfredo sauce.  Sauteed zucchini and smoked sausage and added to the pasta.  Sprinkle parmesan on top.  Baked some Texas toast and there was an easy dinner!


Early dinner because the girls have to be at the field by 5pm for warm-ups on game nights.  Plus we have to drop off Aaron on the way.
Once there, I lied on the grass and read my book. :)


Summer brought parsley for her snack! Ha ha!


Friday, up at 3:45am to go to the balloon races.  Back by 8am.  See yesterday's post for all the photos!
 Spent nearly the entire day on school.  Grading, correcting homework, tests and quizzes, organizing folders.  Busy but well-needed to finish out the week ready for Monday!


Our neighbors brought over this delicious pizza for us!  So sweet!  What a nice Friday treat!


The hubby and I had a big salad for our dinner. :)


Then about 6:45pm after all his meetings, we were off to the gym on our Friday night.  LOL!  Man, the elliptical is killing me.

Saturday, workout at the gym at 9:30am.
Warm-ups for softball at 11am.
Softball games at 12 and 2pm.  Home 4:30pm.  Sitting in the hot sun on the bleachers...for 5 hours.  Help me, Jesus. :)
Drop off Addie for youth activity at 5pm.

Collapse.  LOL!  I hope you had a good week too!


No comments:

Post a Comment