Monday, March 13, 2017

My Week: March 5 - 11


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Reno, NV.


Well, things didn't look very good when I got up at 5:30am Sunday morning.  We had a storm come through and it gave us around 4 inches down in our valley.


We got ready and was over to the church by 7:30am.  Joe, little Joe and Melissa were already there shoveling the sidewalks.  We all shoveled getting it done.  We decided to cancel the first service and just have the 10:30am service.  Then we went out on the roads and saw their condition.  We decided to cancel both services.  The temps weren't supposed to warm above freezing and there were many spin-outs and people off the roads.  I80 was even closed at the state line due to spin-outs.


My deck goes through three seasons every other day!  It's ridiculous!  Ha!


It isn't often we have Sunday brunch - LOL!  So I made cinnamon rolls - from a tube.  Ha!  Still delicious!



And I made sausage, egg and cheese burritos as well.  


 Then we sat down together and "watched" our church service online.  Southern Hills Baptist Church in Las Vegas, NV.  A good sermon on the Bible!


Snow still coming down.


Tea party. :)


Later on, we went to check on my FIL and then our church members - Roger and Rachel.  They have had some serious flooding at their home.  What an awful situation and just nothing to really do about it.



Then back home.  Blogging.


Snowing.  Again.  Wow.


Since we had brunch later...we had an early dinner/late, late lunch.  I made Hot Ham Hoagies and Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup.  Very good!




Spend a little time with the hubby and then Pastor Joe and his family stopped by with milkshakes. :)  This weekend a year ago was the weekend Joe and Keren visited Reno and our church.  Now, they live here and are serving in our church and ministries.  We are grateful God brought them to us!  They are very dear friends.


Then off to my Sunday night shift. :)  The roads were bad again but I made it safely.


Monday morning, off at 8am.  Stopped on my way home to do one photo inspection job.
Home to shower and do school with the girls.
Laundry.


Snow totals so far for many of our ski resorts for the last 24 hours.


 The total snowfalls for the resorts just keep getting bigger!  Number 1 - 8 are right here in the Sierras where we live.  650 inches of snow and still not done.


The hubby was working at the office and then comes home about 1pm and asked if I was busy.  Not for him!  LOL!  So we went had a salad at the truck stop (I love that place!) and then just took a long drive in the country.  Sometimes, just that is enough to be happy. :)


Back home to finish up tests and grading.  Belle and her sunny spot. :)  Upload my photos for that job.  Check my e-mail.  Pay the water bill.  Revise the church e-mail for the next day.


Sierra made dinner for us - French Toast.  Breakfast for dinner. :)



My new book came in the mail -Raising Kids in Sin City.  Dr. David Teis started a church in Las Vegas and this is his newest book.  Looking forward to reading it!

Then off to the gym for our Monday workout and then to work for my Monday night shift.



Tuesday morning, off at 8am.  I decided to go by the plasma center to see how crowded it was and to possibly donate.  It was closed!  LOL!  For the month of March, they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays to do some reorganization - hopefully, they are adding more staff!  So that became a no go for that day.
Stopped at Wal-Mart for a few things.  Got some new chapstick - green tea mint.


Trying out a new recipe - Catalina Apricot Chicken.  The recipe says to bake it - I am putting it in my crock pot to cook.
My husband told me when I got home that Addie was not feeling well all night - having a lot of trouble with her ear.  I tried to get her into the doctor but ended up taking her to Urgent Care.  They have a check-in system where you can check in online and they will text you how many minutes you have until you are seen.  That was nice - I was able to do laundry and housecleaning while we waited to go.


She wasn't doing well.  It turned out to be strep. 
Home to finish up dinner - we had the chicken above with rice.
Back to Smith's to pick up her prescription and then off to our staff meeting at 4pm.  The meeting ran long until 6:45pm - ran home - fried the eggrolls to go with dinner - scarfed down my dinner and left for work.  The dinner was good though!


Ahh Wednesday, a glorious day to be outside!  I mean we just had a snow storm Sunday - so to be outside enjoying the day on Wednesday was a breath of fresh air!  It is hard to keep home schoolers inside on days like this.  So we often work on the deck on our papers and tests and such.  
Here they were having lunch. :)


This is truly my Autumn - I find that girl reading all the time.  LOL!  Three times just that day, I found her out on the deck in the sunshine reading.


I was bringing back in the recycle and garbage cans and I noticed my plants looking rather green.  In the fall, I had left the parsley and green onions when I was cleaning out my raised beds before winter.  They were still green and I thought I will just leave them.  I did - all fall and winter.  I didn't water them or mulch them or anything.  I see now that they are getting new growth!  Wow!  So, I took a little time to clear out the dead stuff and cleaned up around them.  This is the parsley.



The green onions.  I will remember this for next year.  I looked it up and saw that spinach can also be mulched in the winter and will regrow in the spring.  Maybe more plants like this?  Interesting and fun to me!


After a snowy and cold winter, I am definitely ready to get my hands in dirt and garden!  So I got out my seeds to get them ready.



These are great starter kits - I have used them several times now to start some of my garden plants.  Happy days!

Did some cleaning in the morning - spring cleaning tasks.  Cleaning baseboards, walls, window sills, etc.  Have a lot more to do but hard to fit in with school.  But it felt great to get a few things like that done.


Then it was off for dentist appointments for Summer and Autumn.  These took a good chunk of the afternoon - updating paperwork, x-rays, cleaning and then seeing the dentist.  So many dentist appointments the last two months - I'm going broke!  LOL!  Still have more coming up.


Home to get dinner on the table - grilled some BBQ chicken and asparagus - yum!



After dinner, drop off Addie for Youth Group.
Workout at the gym.
Off to my Wednesday shift!


Ahh!  I love seeing a nice March forecast like this! :)


This is true!  I like Thursdays because I don't have to go to work!!


Home - started on the housework and laundry.  Summer had already had a tea party for breakfast before I even got home.  LOL!  That girl.
It was another nice day so we worked on school outside.  Well, we tried!  Max kept whining to come out with us on the deck.  So I told Autumn he could come out but had to stay on the leash because there were some men working on the neighbors home who brought their two dogs.  So, Max was out with us but was so excited bc he thought we were going on a walk - he was so distracting!  So I finally said, Let's take them on a walk and maybe they will calm down.


After the walk, my husband took all the girls out for some birthday shopping so I had the house to myself. :)  My favorite thing ever.  LOL!  I vacuumed and changed over the laundry.  Then enjoyed some reading on the deck.



When the girls got back, we worked on planting some of our seeds for our starter plants.


We had Papa Murphey's pizza for dinner - $8 Herb Chicken Mediterranean and Chicken Bacon Artichoke - my favorites!  Of course, we had a cinnamon wheel for dessert - also my favorite!
My husband had Men's Bible Study at the church.


Friday morning - up at at 'em early for school!  We are in the 20's now for our countdown for days left - 27 to be exact!  Yay!
Belle, as always, cracks me up.  Sitting at the table.  She always looks like - "This is a bit much for a Friday".  Ha!


I got my first birthday card for this year - from my Aunt Connie. :)  She has never missed one birthday in my life.  She wrote a sweet note about how she reads and looks forward to my blog - thank you, Aunt Connie!  It makes me happy that you take time to read about our life here in Nevada.  I look forward to coming to visit one day back to my Ohio roots. :)  (Don't look at all the 40's she put all over the envelope!  Ha!)


The girls then went to clean the church - all of them!  So I had another afternoon of quiet. :)  I could get used to this!  LOL!  
I did some laundry.  Made dinner.  Did a phone interview which took about 30 minutes for my life insurance policy.  Checked my e-mail.  Scheduled a doctor appointment.

I grilled cheese smoked sausages and baked some tator tots for dinner.  Had blackberries for a snack - blackberries are my favorite fruit - yum!

Everyone came home - had dinner and then left for the gym for our Friday workout.  Stopped on the way home to visit Tom Enk and then home for the night.

Saturday.  Blessed Saturday.  LOL!  The ball fields were not open per the city of Reno so there were no softball practices.  Our family spent the day cleaning the garage.  Not much to say on that except I am glad it is over.  Really glad.



The day was perfect for working outside - short sleeves!  Sunny and warm.  Even enjoyed a nice sunset to end the day.


Made Italian Tuna Pie for dinner.  I wasn't sure how this recipe would turn out - tuna can be tricky!!  So I just made one pie - but it actually turned out with a thumbs up from all in the family - so yay!



Then we had our first bonfire of the season - so perfect.  Of course, I love bonfires and camping and anything outdoors!  I may have had a few too many s'mores - yummy!


I hope you had a great week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment