Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Better a Little...Than an Attendance Bonus!


Today did not go as planned.  I am one of "those people" who tend to plan out their day and when it doesn't go according to plans, it throws me off.

The dog woke me up at 2:30am to go to the bathroom.  We used to keep the dog door open all the time but we have problems with Max jumping the fence so we can't do that anymore.  So up to let them out and let them back in.  I had a hard time falling back asleep...and then up at 3:45am to take my husband and Nathan to the airport.  They were headed to Vegas for Idea Day.  I got home and right away left with Max for our morning walk.  

When Max and I got back, I settled in with a hot cup of coffee, my Bible reading and the morning news until I would have to leave for work.  Ahh.
I literally just sat down and my phone went off with a text from my husband.  
"I just saw this e-mail from Leeway...they said I was supposed to do Lot 229 and I did 227.  Can you check the e-mail?"
I did.  He had done one wrong lot and that meant I had to go and get photos of that construction job.  Today.  Well, since it is dark when I go to work and dark when I get off...the job site is 35 minutes away...I thought it best to leave right then, take the photos as soon as there was light enough to do so, and then straight to work.

I did not have the best of attitudes on that drive there.  Grumbling.  Complaining.  Not only did I lose my morning, I was also late to work and lost my attendance bonus for that pay period.  Augh!

Later at the end of the work day, I looked at the verse of the day on my You Version app...
"Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil."

Yep, that's for me.  I was so frustrated with losing my bonus and hour of pay...I couldn't focus on the Lord.  I was grumpy to my husband and just out of it.  Wealth and my day being "messed up" was more important than Him.

Well, hopefully tomorrow goes better than today!  Even if it doesn't..."better a little with the fear of the Lord." 
Lord, keep my eyes on You.



No comments:

Post a Comment