Thursday, January 11, 2018

Book Reviews for January


So, one of my goals I shared was to read two books in each month for growth.  I'm always looking for good books to better myself and grow.  I thought I would share the first two with you.


The first was Whisper by Mark Batterson.  This was my first book by Mark that I read and I definitely want to read more!  Mark has a style of writing that is easy to read and keeps you engaged.  He uses illustrations and stories all throughout the book - those good ones that you have to stop reading and share with your husband or someone nearby that will listen.  LOL!  

The main point of Whisper is how to hear the voice of God.  He shares with you about the special places he goes to hear that voice and special and amazing events that happened as a result of hearing God's voice and obeying.

Whisper is definitely an inspiring book that you will enjoy!


The second book I read was Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines.  Most of you probably know Chip and Joanna Gaines from the HGTV show Fixer Upper.  I enjoyed this book because it is an easy book for anyone to gain some practical knowledge on just making wise decisions - along with risks - in whatever business venture you might undertake.  I love that Chip is a Christian and shares his faith along with his thoughts in business - and they go hand in hand.  He shares the reason why they decided to stop their show as well.

If you are a fan of the Gaines, I think you will like this book.  Chip is honest and just a down to earth type guy you can learn from.


No comments:

Post a Comment