Monday, January 1, 2018

My Goals for 2018



I love the start of a new year.  It is a great time to restart and refocus.  I thought I would share my 2018 goals for this year.

Focus for 2018:
Strength - Isaiah 40:31
2017 had some pretty big speed bumps for me.  It was a tough year mentally and emotionally.  I didn't handle it well.  I want 2018 to be a year of strength - to become strong through Him!

Spiritual Goals:
Read through the Bible one time.  I already started this goal on You Version.  Last year, I had a goal of reading through the Bible in one month and I completed that in January.  I actually read through it for a second time Sept-Nov. on a three month plan.  I find it vital for my spiritual growth to make goals that involve reading His Word.
Develop the fruits of the Spirit - Love, joy and peace.  These are definitely the fruits that were revealed that I need to work on from 2017.

Personal Goals:
Read two books per month for growth.  My first book is Whisper by Mark Batterson.  Phenomenal author.
Write two blog posts per week.  2017 was a year of difficult circumstances - I withdrew and didn't want to share and open up through blogging.  I made this goal to push myself to not close up - but grow and share through Christ and what He is doing in my life.

Family Goals:
Unplug from my phone from 5-8pm every night (things like e-mail, texts and Facebook to focus on others).  I think this may be a huge thing in my life to be a better me.
Change to year round school year.

Health Goals:
Take a daily walk.
Eat one fruit and one vegetable a day.
Increase water intake.

Career Goals:
Start a 401k with my company when I become eligible.

Marriage Goals:
Pray every day for my husband.
Read six marriage books.

Financial Goals:
Complete 3-6 month emergency fund.  We have been working toward this goal in 2017 and it will be a huge victory when it is completed!
Start college fund for Autumn.


Have you set some goals?  Maybe these categories and my goals will inspire you to make some for yourself for 2018.  God bless and Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. What awesome inspiring goals Rebekah�� Just reading your blog, has inspired me to push myself harder. Thank you��

    ReplyDelete