Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lord's Table...An Experience to Remember


In July, we had a very special Lord's Table.  Many of you may have only experienced Communion or Lord's Supper (as most call it) in the formal, traditional way.  So have I.  The purpose of changing Lord's Table was to create a more meaningful experience of worship.

It was very, very special and all the credit goes to Jenny who really created the event and put it all together.


I went into it really not even wanting to participate.  There was very discouraging things happening in the church and my heart and soul was crushed under the weight of it.  After I went through each and every part, I just poured out my soul to God kneeling at my chair in the auditorium.  Sometimes, what you feel you just can't do is what helps to heal.


This was the place to write a praise on the boards.



An area for children to color.


This was a prayer wall.  Write a prayer request down, roll it up and place it on the wall.



Outside was the area to write down your sins you wanted to confess to the Lord and then throw them in the fire.




After you confessed and praised, you would come and take the Lord's Table.  Pour your juice and take unleavened bread.  You sit down and watched a great video on the Lord and what He did for us...and then partook of the elements.










I wanted to share this special time with you.  I hope you enjoyed it.  It will be a special memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment