Saturday, February 16, 2019

Nothing Is Ever Really Lost...


Some people have a hard time with changes.  I have to say I don't like change very much.  I am content with things staying the same overall.


But we need to have change in our lives in order to grow.  I think of my daughter who is 15 1/2 and has her learner's permit.  It may be a scary change to let that teenager have control and take the wheel but as a good parent, we have to push them and let them.  They need to grow.  Do adult things and become an adult!


Yes, there's comfort in what we know.  Same church, same pew or row we sit in, same people every Sunday.  But to grow...we have to add change.  New faces, new changes, new life!  


Sometimes, we buck change because we feel we will lose something.  We will lose a way of life.  But nothing is lost to us if we remember it.  I want to hold that saying close.  I don't want to fear change because I am afraid of things becoming a memory.


I don't know what new changes are in store for my life.  For my family's life.  For our church.  For my kids' lives.  But whatever changes are in store, God is guiding us all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment