Thursday, February 7, 2019

Treat the Real Problem


This week, I must have slept wrong or something.  I had this sharp shooting pain through my neck and shoulders.  It wasn't the kind that stemmed from your back needing aligned.  It felt more muscle related.  For three days, I was in misery.  Every time I tried to move, it triggered the spasms.  Then massive headaches.  I had my daughters massage my neck and shoulders, I stood in a hot shower, I took pain killers.  Nothing helped.


Then last night, I asked my husband to massage it.  He massaged and massaged my neck and shoulders with no relief.  I finally said try down farther.  Because it felt like it traveled down into the upper part of my back.  So he concentrated on that part - massaging and digging into my muscle.  


After a little while, I could move my head and neck again!  It was sore but there was relief.  Today, it was tight this morning but has gotten much better through the day.


I thought...so often, we treat our symptoms.  We treat the part that seems to be hurting.  And it doesn't help.  When instead, we need to treat the place where the real issue is. 

Are you lonely?  Depressed?  Hurt?  Angry?  Bitter?  Lost for direction?  Maybe you think it is a situation in your life or a person that is causing those symptoms.  Yes, that may be part but perhaps it is really because you have been neglecting your relationship with God.  

HE is the one that will fulfill you, give you joy, love you unconditionally and dose out big vats of truth.


So just a reminder when something is flaring up in your life, look for what may be causing it. 
Fix your relationship and walk with God and many of those horrible "symptoms" will seem to vanish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment