Sunday, January 12, 2020

My Week: January 5-11, 2020

Second week of the new year!

  It began with a good day of worship at Heritage.  Pastor Michael had surgery on Jan. 3 so he was out recovering.  Matt filled in for him and did a great job.  Pastor Fry preached a good message for the new year.  We stayed to help take down the Christmas decor at the church.

After church, we stopped at the chiropractor for our weekly visit and then I made fettuccine alfredo with chicken and broccoli with garlic toast for lunch.

Monday was a normal day of school.  Summer and I made broccoli cheese soup and BLT's.  We make our BLT's with avocado as well...so yummy!  Here is the recipe I use for broccoli-cheese soup.  This time, I threw in a can of cheddar cheese soup and I really like that add.  I may do it every time!


Tuesday, Eric went skiing with my Uncle Jim to a place in MI - Mount Holly.  He enjoys skiing and he really enjoys spending time with my uncle as well.
For dinner, I made cream cheese potato soup.  Good for a winter day with a salad on the side.


I laughed at Addie.  She fell asleep reading a book we got her for Christmas - Debt Free College. :)


Wednesday, I decided to go early and get some errands done.
Gym workout first.  Drop off books at the library.  Pick up toilet paper at CVS.  Eyebrows done at Supercuts.  Groceries at Aldi and Wal-Mart.  It took me awhile but it's definitely nice to get some things checked off the to do list.

That evening, our small groups started back up after our holiday break.  Our kitchen crew serves dinner at 6pm.  This evening was pork, roasted red potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, salad, rolls and dessert.  
After dinner, everyone attends their small groups.


Addie surprised me with my favorite Starbucks drink - a caramel frap. :)


President Trump came to Toledo on Thursday.  We weren't able to go but I got a shirt in support.


Thursday was school and cleaning and cooking.  We host dinners most Thursdays at our home to invite folks over and get to know them better.  This Thursday was Dennis and Lynda Nemec.  I served creamy ranch pork chops, roasted red potatoes, kale salad, corn and banana cream pie.  Dennis and Lynda are a gracious couple and we were glad to host them in our home.


The weather has been up and down for sure this January here in Ohio.  It dropped to 18 degrees this week and yet, Saturday morning was 61 degrees.  Almost winter and spring squished together!


Hey, it's Friday.  As long as they do school.  Ha!

Autumn and I took the dogs to a new pet clinic/vet Friday morning.  Community Pet Care in Toledo.  The clinic was wonderful and all the employees were definitely kind to both of our doggies.  Very professional and clean.  I really liked it and was glad it was a great experience for the dogs and us.
They had a normal exam, stool exam, heartworm tests and all their vaccines updated for the next year.  Glad to have that done.


I gave Max the anxiety meds that the vet had gave him for flying and vet visits and boy, did they help!  Normally he is very hyper and high energy and this was just perfect to keep him calm.  Here he is waiting in our examining room.


After the vet visit, we finished up school with quizzes and school work for the week.  Then off to the gym for a workout and back to make tacos and refried beans for dinner.  After dinner, we watched the remake of Lady and the Tramp.  Cute movie!  

Saturday was a wet and overcast day.  It was forecasted for several inches of rain.  I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup to enjoy!

I hope your week went well!


No comments:

Post a Comment