Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Christmas 2020

Can you believe it is Christmas week already?

Our weekend was pretty low key.  My husband is still in a lot of discomfort and pain.  Bad colds are running through the house.  We did online church this week - they are not holding services for a few weeks at our church.  After the service, I grilled some cheeseburgers along with ranch pasta salad and baked beans.

I promised the girls I would take them to a few places to do their Christmas shopping in the afternoon.  


It is always pretty to see some sun shine through - especially on a Monday morning.

And even a rainbow for a minute!

We are not doing school this week.  Autumn and I went to finish up a little more Christmas shopping.  It really took a lot out of us physically - anything does these days being sick.  



I made ham and bean soup with cornbread muffins for dinner.  A good soup for a rainy day!  After cleaning up, I had to hit the bed early - headache, body aches were back, chest hurt.  I pray we all feel better soon.


Tuesday, we had another beautiful rainbow.  If it has to be rainy, I'm glad we get rainbows!  Staying busy trying to get ready for Christmas.  I'm just not on my game this year taking care of my FIL and Covid and everything.

So it was fish sticks and tator tots for dinner.  LOL!  Frozen food to the rescue.


Wednesday, I made Speedy Seafood Gumbo - if you need a super quick meal - this is a good one.  

We also went to see Christmas lights in our area.  Since we have to social distance from our family, we drove in separate vehicles but together and Face Timed the whole time.  

Hey, it's definitely a 2020 memory - even if they are different, make those memories. :)  

I made hot cocoas for everyone and snowman bags of puppy chow.  My sister made a savory Chex Mix for everyone.  We had our yummy snacks while driving around checking out the lights.

It was a very chilly Christmas Eve day.  Pretty much fog all day in Newberg.  No Christmas snow - just Christmas fog!


Christmas Eve was busy making food, cleaning, wrapping presents, etc.


I made a big Shepherd's Pie for our Christmas Eve dinner.

We watched Mickey's Christmas Carol.  Gives you all the feels that one!  


Had some peach cobbler and vanilla bean ice cream.  Mmm!  I need to share this recipe here.

We also have a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve.


Christmas Day 2020.  


My sister, Rachel and her husband, Adam, and their kids surprised us with a visit to drop off donuts.  How sweet!

We had our time of reading the Christmas story of Jesus' birth from the Bible.  Then we opened gifts.





A 2020 ornament to remember this year from our realtor here in Oregon.  What a nice gift!


The night before, I made my favorite breakfast casserole.  All I had to do was pop it in the oven Christmas morning and we had a hot brunch ready.

Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake recipe.

After brunch, the girls helped me to prep last things for Christmas dinner.  Do the dishes and clean up.

We weren't planning on getting together with my sister and family but ended up last minute doing so!  We just brought our meal over to their home to share with them.

I had a beef roast with carrots in the crockpot with beef gravy on the side.  I also made cottage mashed potatoes and mac and cheese.








After dinner, we played Scattergories and Guesstures.  A lot of fun!  Eric and I then went home and the girls stayed and watched a movie.

Saturday was Christmas leftovers and cleaning up after Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment