Tuesday, December 22, 2020

December Days

Sunday, our church did not have in person services due to Covid concerns in the church.  So we watched their service online.  For lunch, I made jambalaya.  Sunday was my sister, Rachel's, birthday.  We had plans to get together but again, due to Covid concerns, we had to cancel.  What a bummer.

We already had plans to have nachos for her party so we swapped food so we could each enjoy nachos at our own homes.



We watched Santa Claus 3, enjoyed our nachos and then some tres leches cake.


We then watched the program for my sister, Rhoda's, church in AZ.



Ran a few errands around town in the afternoon.  Dropped off some things at my sister's, took some cardboard to the recycling center, got gas in my SUV, water jug refill and a few items at Fred Meyer, new headlight bulbs at Auto Zone for my husband's car, dropped off some packages at the post office and returned books to the library.

The low lying fog was so pretty!

For dinner, I made Kung Pao chicken with rice.  


Summer always likes to come and lie with me in my bed while I read my Bible in the morning.  Tuesday morning, I was in a hurry and she came in later and I told her I was going to take a shower.  She almost started crying and said she didn't get to lay with me so I lay down with her for awhile.

Hang on to those moments...they will soon be gone.

Then she wanted to go get groceries with me like last week.  She was up early doing her school so she could go.


This week, we got spicy crab sushi and some ceviche.  MMM!  It was good!  It is fun sharing these little memories with my littlest girl.

The day was quite busy.  Groceries, cleaning, cooking, visit with a social worker for my FIL, then a second canceled appointment for him, school...whew!

We had cheddar smoked sausages for dinner along with deli potato wedges.  

Wednesday was school.  An appointment with the physical therapist for my FIL.
Rainy cool December days.



I made pork chops, roasted red potatoes and corn for dinner.


Thursday, school.  We had a little blue skies this morning.
Another appointment with home health for the FIL.
I made mushroom pasta carbonara for dinner with caesar salad and cheddar biscuits.



Thursday, at work, my husband twisted slightly just the wrong way and messed up his lower back.  By the time he got home and late evening, he was in excruciating pain.  So bad that we went to the ER.


After shots, pain meds and heat compresses, we made it home a little after midnight.

Friday was a day of trying to finish up our last day of school before Christmas vacation.  It has been a long and busy week.  Not feeling well, a lot of appointments for my FIL in our home, school, Christmas preparations.
I made Lime Chicken Fajitas for dinner.

Saturday, my husband and I went out Christmas shopping together.  While I was gone, I put a beef roast in the crockpot.  When we got home I made beef and noodles over mashed potatoes.



After dinner, we went to a local church to see their live nativity.  Adam, Rachel and their kids followed in their vehicle.  They gave out popcorn and hot cocoa there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment