Sunday, September 19, 2021

Guess What!

Pretty skies.


Still getting quite a few tomatoes off my three plants.  So tasty!

Well, here we are.  AGAIN.  I had run a few errands and got home.  I was putting things away.  Summer asked about her library books and I said that I forgot them in the car and to go out and get them.  Next thing I know I hear her knocking on the door.  I thought it was weird since there were only four books.  I open the door and there was Summer with a tiny kitten in her hands.  

My mouth I think fell open.  Like seriously.  She said, I found it out in front of our house.  It was all by itself and it can't open its eyes.

All I can say is God knows I love and care for His creation and He sees to use me to take care of these animals.  

Here it is after I washed his eyes and it could finally open them.

I'll just say that I didn't get much done the rest of the day contemplating the care of this new and tiny kitten.

We found him on Tuesday, September 7th.


Made delicious sandwiches - we call them Rachel's - a version of Reuben's.



This little guy.  We got kitten formula for him.  The little bottle didn't seem to work well.  He learned how to lap it up from a small bowl.  But I was worried it wasn't enough to help him grow.  He was just a little over half a pound.

Just a little fluff ball.



He was very scared.  Wanted to hide all the time in places like the desk or under the bed among the stuffed animals where it was dark and quiet.  Even when I called him, he wouldn't move or come out.  We tried to hold him as much as possible and give him love and safe spots.



If I was sitting down to do school, I tried to put him next to me to play or sleep. :)

Such a tiny little guy.  So cute sleeping with its little leg sticking out.


Skillet ham and rice - mmm!







Poor little thing.  The very first night he cried almost all night long.  Poor Summer only got a couple hours of sleep.  Maybe it missed its mother and siblings.  It was just lonely and scared.

When we took him outside to go potty, he would meow and meow.  And he would try to run and escape.  


In a couple days, he started eating wet food.  And was I glad!!  Now he could start growing.  I can't tell you how happy that made me.




Also on September 7th, Autumn started working at our church's school/daycare.  Cleaning after school is over.  Proud of her!


Actually staying close to me while in the back yard.  Not as scared.


In the morning of Friday, Sept. 10th, I donated blood.  That evening, we watched some specials on 9/11.  This was a very interesting documentary - I recommend watching it if you can!

Eric and I spent Saturday morning at Ace Hardware and then fixing a problem with the girls' bathroom sink.  Then to the gym.  And then the vet with our new little guy.  All is well.  They gave him a very small flea treatment and a dewormer.  Thankfully he is pretty healthy overall.  And he is eating like a horse - 5 small meals a day!

What a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment