Tuesday, September 28, 2021

My Lawn Journey!

 

Can you believe that this is the last week of September?  I had to take a picture of my last rose in my backyard.  It is getting cooler.  Our rain will be coming back soon.  Time for things to die for a season.


Sleeping babies.  Little baby.


And the big baby.  Ha!

This last week of September, we are getting back to a regular week after our September birthdays.  We had some rain this weekend which is wonderful!  We hardly get any rain in the summer so when the fall hits, we start to get rain again.

Thought I would share the journey of my lawn.  Ha!  When we moved here, it was full of weeds and a ton of clover.  I put down weed killer and well, there went the whole lawn!  It was literally ALL weeds and clover.





When all the clover and weeds were dead, I raked it all and tried to get up all that dead stuff.
Then I added some Miracle Grow soil and put down seed.



After my trip to Pensacola, we finally have some grass coming in!



The progression of growth!



Next set of photos.  I went through the whole lawn and tried to get all the crabgrass and weeds out - again.  By hand.  Once I took a few days to do that, I reseeded the areas that were thin or bare.








Felt good to get all those weeds out!  Get that good grass growing!

Next set of progression photos mid-September.







Slowly but surely, it is coming in!
The next set is right before Autumn's birthday.  I finally mowed to even it out.  Beautiful green color and getting quite thick. :)



Quite the difference!  I am proud of my lawn journey.  LOL!  Something satisfying about it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment