Friday, August 18, 2023

My Week: August 7-11

 Monday, August 7 - Happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Adam!  Their family is at church teen camp this week.  Adam is a camp nurse, Rachel is a counselor and all three kids are attending as campers.

It is a hot week here in Florida in the high 90s.  I never knew how important AC would be until I moved to Florida.  Definitely different in the West.

Sierra and Autumn went to work all day at Tabitha's for The Smocked Bear.  Addie worked 5-11pm.  Summer and I did laundry and cleaned the house.  We also went swimming in the afternoon.  We are looking forward to all the kids going back to school next week. :) Fewer people at the pool!




Summer made banana bread.


Sunset.



Tried to get a photo of the girls playing softball in the backyard.

Tuesday, August 8 - Sierra and Autumn were not needed today at their job.  I had the car so I took advantage of that time.  First, I got an oil change at Jiffy Lube.  Not too impressed and will be looking for a different place to try next time I need one.  Then I went to Discount Tire to have my tires balanced.  I had them rotated recently and it was shaking.  I am hoping that this will take out the shaking to have them balanced.  I then went to Wal-Mart for my weekly grocery shopping.  Then to the library to pick up holds for Summer.  Then to Aldi to pick up a few more things.  Lastly, the bank to cash a check.

At home, we got all the groceries put away and divided the ground beef and chicken breasts into bags for the freezer.  I made chicken stir fry for dinner.  I am definitely going to stay inside this evening out of the sun and heat.


One of my favorite photos - Sierra with her dad fishing in the Truckee River.


Autumn got asked for an interview.


Tabitha (girls' boss) gave them all this nice decor!


Giving Jack a little fall hat.  Ha!



Jiffy Lube - bleh


Discount Tire


Hot summer days here in FL.


Free tacos if you are around a Taco Bell!


Wednesday, August 9

Got an early start to the day since there is a heat warning.  Walked Max and then started on trimming the lawn.  It takes me awhile because we have a lot to do and my battery runs out and then I have to wait until it charges again.  I want to get a second battery so I can have one ready and charged as a backup.  Sierra and Summer did the mowing of the lawn.

The girls went to our local library at noon.  They were having an end of the summer event with free books.

Autumn then left for an interview at 2pm for a position as a preschool teacher's aide.  I am praying for God to either open or close this door.

After lawn work and a shower, Summer and I went to the pool for a couple hours.  Only a few people there and some of the time, we had it to ourselves!  It was refreshing and relaxing to dip in the pool and then enjoy reading my book.

I made Skillet Ham and Rice for dinner and then took Sierra and Summer to the church for an End of Summer Bash for the teens.  They did jousting in the Octogan (big blowup), trivia, ping pong and corn hole.  I went to the chiropractor while I waited for them.


Sunrise.


I have sweat more in Florida than in my whole life.  I literally soak my shirt just doing yard work.


Autumn changed their bedroom around.






Sierra's room.





Cool down at the pool.


Our new duck friend at the pool, Fred.


Is it weird I like having a beautiful yard?  I work hard to make it so.


Youth group.









Thursday, August 10

Sierra and Autumn are working today beginning at 9am.  I will be taking Eric to the airport by 1pm today.  He has a work event in Los Angeles and will be flying back Saturday night.

Summer went to a fun event at our library.  A frosting lab.  Summer loves to cook and bake so this is right up her alley.


This "neighbor" is growing a wheat field or something.


Jackson always taking a nap on my desk.



I found out I have two crepe myrtle trees in my backyard.




I just love my cat.




She got the star decorator for the frosting lab.



Two sleepy heads.



More awesome decor items from Tabitha.  Beautiful pottery pieces.


Three wreaths.


I got this centerpiece for the table for $4 on clearance at Hobby Lobby.




And this fun mat.  You can change the insert to match the holiday or season.




I love the peeks of the beautiful sunsets here.



New series for the youth group taught by Pastor David.

Friday, August 11 - Last days of preparing for our school year.  Eric is out of town for a work event - Equity Trust Lab.  The girls did not work for Tabitha today.  Autumn has decided to take the job at the Christian preschool and will begin on Monday.  I made cheeseburger soup - Autumn said that's a dumb name so let's call it Autumn Harvest Soup.  It's yummy!


Got an answer on the funds for the home school scholarship I applied for.


Oh Fred.  You are silly.


I LOVE when we get the pool to ourselves!



Looking forward to another season of the Candace Cameron Bure podcast!  If you are not familiar with it but like to listen to podcasts, try hers!


Ha!  If you had a grandma like mine that sewed, you will enjoy this meme!

Eric presenting Tax Free Crypto at the Equity Trust Lab in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment