Thursday, August 17, 2023

My Week: July 24-28

 Monday, July 24 - The beginning of a new week!  It started out with getting my shopping done for the week.  I went to Home Depot first.  I needed one more bracket for the blinds.  Then I went to Aldi to get things there.  I remember 22 years ago shopping at Aldi as a newly married woman.  I could spend $20 and get so much!  I'm pretty sure ground turkey was $.79 for a 1 pound roll.  Ahh, to go back to those times.  Then I went to Wal-Mart and got the rest of my grocery items for the week.

When I got home, it was cleaning.  Dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, etc.  I made meatloaf and mac and cheese ready for dinner.  Addie took Sierra to the Dollar Tree and they put together a gift bag for Autumn's return from Hungary.  I left for the airport and Addie went to work.  Summer made cupcakes and little cakes as a surprise.  She also made a welcome home banner for Autumn.  She always tries to do special things for people.

I then met Autumn at the baggage claim and we got her luggage.  We then had a little time and Eric landed from his trip to Los Angeles.  Good timing!  We got home and had dinner and talked.  I went to bed but the girls stayed up, watched a movie, and waited for Addie to come home from work.



They are home!



Tuesday, July 25 - Eric took off work today.  He will be traveling for several weeks, so having a day to be with the family is nice.  He got the last three blinds installed in our bedroom and the office.  That will help with the sunlight on the hot days.  He also installed a different brace for Summer's shelf in her closet.

Summer mowed the lawn and I did a good portion of trimming.  It really needed a clean trimming.  I swept up all the grass debris on the sidewalk - it was a lot.  I need to figure out what is going on with my tomato plants.  I had to get rid of one and trim the other two down.  I hope they make it.

I also had to make a trip to the Post Office.  Autumn brought home the car key for my brother-in-law's car that she drove on her trip there.  Kids.

I caught up on some blog posts in between.  Boy was it hot and muggy today.  Around the time Max and I take our evening walk, it decided to cloud up and rain.  The breeze was so wonderful and the humidity dropped.

We had plenty of meatloaf and mac and cheese leftover so I didn't make a new dinner.

Autumn and Sierra had an opportunity to go work for Eric's boss's sister who owns her own business as well.  They will get a chance to work more, we hope.


A few throwback photos.  Went to Jelly Belly Factory.


Throwback to when we had school in our middle bedroom in our Reno home.













Wednesday, July 26 - Spent most of the morning working on that dumb landscaping again.  All the weeds came back up again.  I am bagging up the mulch and digging out the weeds.  It was so warm and boy was I hot and sweaty.  I stopped at about 12:30pm.  Took an immediate shower.  

Sierra, Summer, and I went to the pool for a while.  Love to cool off in the water and I enjoy reading by the pool.  I am reading the Red River of the North Series.

For dinner, I made Chick-Fil-A inspired salads.  I will be sharing my recipe which is perfect for these hot summer days when a cool salad tastes refreshing and light.

We also had strawberry shortcake.  I made a new recipe which I will share.





I get so drenched in sweat doing outside work.









Thursday, July 27 - Sierra and Autumn went to work for Tabitha from 10-4pm.  Since we didn't have a car, I did cleaning and laundry.  I finished up the last of the big section of the landscaping by pulling out the mulch and weeds.  After that was done (and I took a shower!), Summer taught me how to play chess and then we went to the pool.

For dinner, I made chicken, broccoli, and stuffing casserole.









Little kids always come up to Summer to play at the pool.








I've become particular about how the lawn look.  You can tell the difference of how people keep their lawn.
Don't be that person that blows your lawn clippings into the street. :(

Friday, July 28 - Sierra and Autumn did not need to work that day.  I thought we could see a few local spots.  I'll share those photos in a following post.  We went to the Museum of Contemporary Art, Jacksonville Public Library (main downtown branch), and Chamblin Bookmine (Uptown location).

Addie went to work.  I made chicken tetrazzini for dinner.  The girls and I watched Ever After (an old Cinderella classic).

No comments:

Post a Comment