Friday, February 21, 2014

Ten Ways to Refill Your Soul

One of my favorite times of the day is my drive home from work in the mornings.  The first thing I do is turn on CSN and listen to Pastor Greg Laurie.  After a long night at work, with a tired mind and exhausted body, listening to the preaching rejuvenates my mind and restores my spirit.  It is like filling my cup back up when it has been emptied from the cares of life.  


Refill your soul every day.

1.  Read your Bible.  Slowly.  Thoughtfully.  Mediating on it.

2.  Listen to the Bible being read.  You Version Bible app is perfect for this.

3.  Be at every church service at your home church.  Soak in the words that the Lord has given your pastor.  Believe me, I live with a pastor.  Much prayer and study  goes into those messages.  Take notes.  

4.  Listen to the sermon again that week.  We videotape our Sunday morning sermons and they are available on our website at www.svbcreno.org.

5.  Listen to other good pastors and teachers.  I listen to CSN-Christian Satellite Network.  They have wonderful teaching throughout the day and all week long.

6.  Read good books.  I get lots of great free books on my Kindle and am always reading a couple at a time on my I-Phone.  Stimulate your mind!

7.  Do a Bible study.  Pick a subject that you struggle with...something you want to grow in.  

8.  Pray.  Out loud.  There is healing is releasing your thoughts to someone - especially the the Great Physician.

9.  Do something kind for someone.  

10.  Drink an extra cup of coffee.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment