Friday, October 3, 2014

Ideas for Decorating Simply for Autumn

Guest Post:  By Jenny Musser

I'm back from enjoying the last few lazy days of summer!  I try really hard every year to wait until October to put out my fall decorations.  I do not decorate as much as I use to...just my porch and a few pumpkins around the house. 


For my front porch, I change out my wreath, pillows and add a few twig pumpkins.  I have had this fall wreath for a few years and it was just kinda plain and I wanted to add something to it this year.  Monograms and initials are so big right now...they put them on everything!  I found this cute polka dot M at Kirkland's this summer on a visit to California.  The pillows on the bench are the same blue ones I had on all summer long and I just bought some pillows covers to go over them.  Hobby Lobby has a great selection of pillow covers.  I have some all around my house.  I got these when they were half off, so both for $8.  

Here is a link to their website where you can check out all the great colors and patterns.  



For decorating inside, I really keep it simple.  A few years ago, I saw a pumpkin on a candle holder and I thought it looked really cute and simple.  So, I just put out a few pumpkins, light a fall candle and call it a day! 


Happy Decorating!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love this especially the pillow covers at HL...who knew? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete