Friday, October 31, 2014

Reaching Your Jerusalem on Halloween

I love all things fall.  Not so much Halloween.


I do love the story my mom shared with me this week.  Last Friday was their small town's trick or treat times.  (Here in Nevada - it is always October 31st no matter where you go.)  She said it was a beautiful evening.  My dad and her sat in the front of the house on their lawn chairs and passed out suckers for two hours to the kids that came by trick-or-treating in the neighborhood.

You see, my parents pastor a church in that town.  They live in the parsonage adjacent to the church.  Mom said that there were many kids and teens that came by that had attended church before.  She said they were able to reconnect and catch up with many of them.

I loved this.  
Reach your Jerusalem.  Reach your neighborhood.  
One sucker at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Your Mom kept a count. 237 trick or treaters. We really enjoyed it. Beautiful night. It was actually Saturday evening.

    ReplyDelete